Show me your breakfast (2024)

You do need an idli maker, however.
And having recently made some "authentic" sambhar powder (ie. from a South Indian recipe) I can assure you, that stuff is HOT🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️
Ah well I can't do HOT so perhaps it's best I make it myself but I really badly don't want to buy anymore equipment!
perhaps the egg bite moulds I have will suffice, they're used for steaming.

Went out for breakfast, haven’t been here before:

IMG_8625.jpeg
IMG_8628.jpeg
IMG_8629.jpeg

Interesting menu, because it’s Muslim-owned, so several things on the menu that definitely aren’t SW Ohio usuals. I can usually order breakfast in 12 seconds flat, but for once I had to stop and read the menu!

Pics show there about 37 definitions for “omelette” - not what I was expecting, but it was fine and tasted good.

View attachment 115402View attachment 115403View attachment 115404

Interesting menu, because it’s Muslim-owned, so several things on the menu that definitely aren’t SW Ohio usuals. I can usually order breakfast in 12 seconds flat, but for once I had to stop and read the menu!

Pics show there about 37 definitions for “omelette” - not what I was expecting, but it was fine and tasted good.
Yeah, the pics look more like frittatas? The hashbrowns look really good, though.

Yeah, the pics look more like frittatas? The hashbrowns look really good, though.
Well, if I’m being honest, it was kind of funny, because they were cooked flat like that until they were done, with everything in them, then he sort of folded them over once, which really didn’t make much sense.

It’s kind of hard to see in the photos, but that’s what happened. :laugh:

Wow, it looks really delicious. And it looks so big!

Looks like an omelette to me, what an I missing?

Looks like an omelette to me, what an I missing?
Well, there’s lots of very different things that get called omelettes, from rolled ones and filled ones and frittata/Spanish tortilla ones.

Here, omelettes are always folded at least once, sometimes twice, around fillings, but this one is more like a frittata, with the fillings cooked into the egg itself, and then he tried to fold it, after the egg had been cooked hard, so it broke up a bit.

It was fine, though.

Back
Top Bottom