Show me your breakfast (2024)

Given all that has been happening at our house, I'm always glad to have things in the deep freeze that I can pull out at a moments notice ... no fuss no muss ... animals fed :laugh:

IMG_4309.JPG

Bran-Cranberry-Pecan Muffins with SOME butter.
All washed down with a glass of OJ (not pictured).

Given all that has been happening at our house, I'm always glad to have things in the deep freeze that I can pull out at a moments notice ... no fuss no muss ... animals fed :laugh:

View attachment 116149

Bran-Cranberry-Pecan Muffins with SOME butter.
All washed down with a glass of OJ (not pictured).
Can you post your recipe, please?

IMG_8816.jpeg
IMG_8817.jpeg

That’s scrambledy eggs with tomato, green onion, and farmer’s cheese mixed in, some of my homemade oatmeal bread, and some delightful maple-flavored smoked breakfast sausage.

I’ve been working on my eggs so I can apply to be Morning Glory ’s sous chef…am I at least getting them closer to your standard, Chef? :wink:

Craig gets an allowance each month through his Medicare plan. It's a use it or lose it type thing, doesn't roll over. So, I try to use at least part of it on pantry items each month. We were out of oatmeal so I ordered that, plus a few other things. Holy moly, it's huge. We'll never get that used up before it goes stale since we only use it for meatloaf and occasionally oatmeal cookies. So, I decided to make overnight oatmeal since I had never tried it before.

Peanut butter and banana overnight oatmeal.

20240726_101250.jpg

What’d you think? I’ve made overnight oatmeal before, but I don’t like it, which is saying something, because I generally love oatmeal.

Same as Tasty's question. How did it go?
I tried chia overnight, it wasn't quite my cup of tea.
Don't recall oat overnight...might give it a go again...

It was decent. I've never had cooked oatmeal either so can't compare. I'll make some tweaks next time to adjust to my taste, more honey and/or brown sugar, maybe some mini chocolate chips or cocoa nibs.

The recipe I used also called for chia seeds, 2 tsp, which supposedly form a gelatinous texture, but I didn't use them so it was a bit milky. So, I'll either use the chia seeds or cut down a bit on the milk next time.

Oh, I also used the whole cup of yogurt, individual serving size, 5 and something ounces. Didn't measure, just dumped it in.

Didn't use the cinnamon either because it's not 1 of my favorite spices and I didn't think it would go well with PB and bananas.

Might try a pecan pie flavor profile, Reese's, or an oatmeal cookie profile next time. Even saw an idea for a cherry pie profile using frozen cherries when I was looking at recipes.

The recipe made 2 servings for me. There was about an inch of oatmeal left and I was really pushing eating as much as i did.

Our Favorite Overnight Oats Recipe Will Simplify Your Mornings

Back
Top Bottom