Show me your breakfast (2024)

No, that’s salt-cured country ham:

Country ham - Wikipedia.

Tastes nothing like the usual ham - this is saltier and a little tougher, similar to jerky, nearly.
Sounds wonderful. That's the ham they have at Cracker Barrel (I love that salty ham)? Where do you buy it?

Last edited:
Sounds wonderful. That's the ham they have at Cracker Barrel (I love that salty ham)? Where do you buy it?
I buy it at my local Kroger. It’s widely available, from whole hams down to biscuit slices (which is what I have), lasts forever, and needs no refrigeration. As the saying goes…”you can’t hurt ham!”

You ever think you really have to have some and can’t find it there, send me a mailing address via PM and I’ll throw you a little sample pack in the mail, no problem. :okay:

TastyReuben the first time I ever had Country Ham was on our honeymoon month long road trip.
We were somewhere in Virginia I want to say, and stopped a very small mom&pop store for a quick grab&go breakfast.
It was a homemade biscuit stuffed with "ham" and scrambled egg.
VERY good!
Years later, we were in North Carolina and I spied Country Ham.
Bought, it attempted to copy those biscuit sandwiches and no one would eat them!
WAY TOO SALTY!
What did I do wrong?

What did I do wrong?
Possibly nothing, some are saltier than others, and I probably would have eaten that, because I like it on the salty side.

That said, what my dad would do with his is set it in a shallow pan and pour boiling water over it and let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse it, pat it dry, and pan-fry it. It removes a lot of that saltiness.

I had a toasted onion bagel (with butter and cream cheese) and a cup of coffee for breakfast.

Just had this delicious smoothie for breakfast made by using up prickly pear, apple and unsweetened almond milk. Topped with a dust of cinnamon

74DA9FF1-6D64-42EF-85FF-9B5C4CDAB9F4.jpeg

C4E933FC-EB60-4D79-9B69-AE84714A2EC8.jpeg
0BC44F0D-BD4E-49BE-A85A-5B5AC18D37E0.jpeg

IMG_4433.JPG

I had a leftover Brioche-style burger bun and in my humble opinion, they make the best breakfast sandwich vehicles.
Hard fried Egg, melted shredded Cheese mix and a slice of pan-fried deli Ham.
I butter my bun.
Tasty!
DH's Breakfast Sandwich was made with a leftover Costco Butter Croissant, SSSHHH, don't tell him there's loads of Butter in that Croissant, he hasn't a clue :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom