Show me your breakfast (2024)

IMG_3820.JPG

Yeah they look good. I'd strongly advise you not to order scrambled eggs in diners when you visit the USA...
All the US egg pics I see show eggs cooked way past where Id enjoy them but I guess it's the same here if you went to one of those breakfast buffets where the eggs are held in bain-marie.

To anyone visiting the UK and enduring a full english buffet, avoid the eggs, unless you like them very done or are short of a tennis ball! 😆

Yeah they look good. I'd strongly advise you not to order scrambled eggs in diners when you visit the USA...
I order my scrambled eggs “soft”. They usually come out just set. I hate overcooked, or brown eggs. I usually order poached eggs so they can't fry them till they get brown, which tastes burned to me.

Yup, you just have to know how to order them.
Waffle House never screwed up my scrambled eggs. That's the only place I ever ordered scrambled eggs though, and it's been 25 years since I have eaten at Waffle House.

On a related note, I once went to an IHOP (International House of Pancakes for those not in the US) with MrOH and ordered my eggs fried over-easy and they came out over-hard 2x. The 3rd time the restaurant manager went back into the kitchen and made them herself and they were perfect. So don't order eggs at a pancake house, I guess.

IMG_4503.JPG
IMG_4500.JPG

American-style soft scrambled eggs, Trader Joe's Garlic & Herb Chicken Sausage and my homemade Wild Blueberry Muffin.
Not pictured is a boat load of salted butter atop that nice warm muffin - AH YUM!!!
The crumb on this muffin came out just right for us two.

American-style soft scrambled eggs,

Take note of the scramble SandwichShortOfAPicnic! Sorry kaneohegirlinaz. I'm glad you said 'American-style' 'cos that scramble is not soft scrambled Brit-style. Its possibly also a bit strange for Brits to see a muffin on the same plate as egg and sausage. But hey! Why not? Your home-made muffin looks really very good.

Back
Top Bottom