Show me your breakfast (2024)

Tasty’s Guide to Perfectly Plating Pancakes:

1. Lay down a stabilizing base of pure maple syrup:
IMG_9348.jpeg

2. Place your primary pancake in the syrup base, brush with melted butter, then cover in more maple syrup:
IMG_9349.jpeg

3. Repeat with additional pancakes.

4. Cap with final pancake, doused in any remaining melted butter, add a blob of deliciously decorative butter, then cover in more syrup:
IMG_9350.jpeg

The achieved result: maximum syrup soakage in every decadent bite:
IMG_9351.jpeg

View attachment 118548

2. Place your primary pancake in the syrup base, brush with melted butter, then cover in more maple syrup:
View attachment 118549

4. Cap with final pancake, doused in any remaining melted butter, add a blob of deliciously decorative butter, then cover in more syrup:
View attachment 118550

View attachment 118551
My teeth hurt looking at this. Not my thing at all but it's a winner in the sweet and syrupy breakfast category.

View attachment 118548

View attachment 118549

View attachment 118550

View attachment 118551
Even for me with a sweet tooth, that's too much maple syrup. I'm just ignore the butter.

Where's the fruit?

View attachment 118548

View attachment 118549

View attachment 118550

View attachment 118551
We had pancakes today also. Mine were much smaller, and no syrup. I made a slightly sweet mixed berry compote to top the "stack" (2 pancakes each) and about 2 TBSP of honey on top of the compote (not even enough for it to drip off the edges of the top pancake). Maybe 1 tsp of butter that was melted on each pancake just before removing from the pan...

SatNavSaysStraightOn you don't use a little vegan butter on your pancakes?

My teeth hurt looking at this. Not my thing at all but it's a winner in the sweet and syrupy breakfast category.
I’ll take it!

And, as usual, I’ve done some research and found the original lyrics to John Mellencamp’s “Hurt So Good:”

Hurt so good
Made my pancakes as sweet as I could
My teeth are throbbing like I knew they would
It makes them hurt so good

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom