Show me your breakfast (2024)

Take note of the scramble SandwichShortOfAPicnic! Sorry kaneohegirlinaz. I'm glad you said 'American-style' 'cos that scramble is not soft scrambled Brit-style. Its possibly also a bit strange for Brits to see a muffin on the same plate as egg and sausage. But hey! Why not? Your home-made muffin looks really very good.
Oh I noted 😆

Take note of the scramble SandwichShortOfAPicnic! Sorry kaneohegirlinaz. I'm glad you said 'American-style' 'cos that scramble is not soft scrambled Brit-style. Its possibly also a bit strange for Brits to see a muffin on the same plate as egg and sausage. But hey! Why not? Your home-made muffin looks really very good.
I'd probably have some breakfast potatoes or hashbrowns where the muffin is and the muffin on a separate plate (that probably would not be consumed within the same hour as the eggs and sausage).

American's do better breakfasts than the UK. That is for sure.

How can you say that? There is nothing to beat full English breakfast (or Scottish, Welsh, Irish versions)! And then there's kippers - a sublime breakfast treat. I've also eaten oysters for breakfast but that's another story...

What America does really well is sweet stuff for breakfast - waffles dripping in maple syrup...

How can you say that? There is nothing to beat full English breakfast (or Scottish, Welsh, Irish versions)! And then there's kippers - a sublime breakfast treat. I've also eaten oysters for breakfast but that's another story...

What America does really well is sweet stuff for breakfast - waffles dripping in maple syrup...
I've had Irish breakfast as it has white pudding as well as black pudding but not the others. Never had kippers though. In america they do nice crispy bacon and different types of potatos and their sausage patty's are flat different to ours. I like that. Especially like their crispy bacon rashers.

Not in my world! I haven't eaten a waffle in 50 years and don't like maple syrup.

I love oysters at brunch. Yum.

janine05 , BACON!!!!
BACON.jpg

Now I want Bacon for Breakfast tomorrow!
I always have a few pounds in my deep freeze from Costco.

Brits have no problem making crispy bacon.
That's the only way we have it in this house and so essential is crispness that every family member knows how to make good crispy bacon.

I don't think the US breakfasts I've seen look better than the UK ones, different to ours in some of the combos they put on the table which are sometimes interesting but not IMO better.

I don't think the US breakfasts I've seen look better than the UK ones, different to ours in some of the combos they put on the table which are sometimes interesting but not IMO better.
If I’ve quoted it once, I’ve quoted it a thousand times:

“There is no ‘better,’ only ‘different.’” - Jacques Pepin

Back
Top Bottom