Table Settings

The orchids are so beautiful. Everything says, work is being done here.šŸ‘šŸ‘
Thank you. The orchids have been in flower since I bought them back at the start of November! They seem to like it there but I had to re-pot them a week ago and they're struggling to adapt. They were so pot bound that they had split the side of the pot, and I couldn't water them because it just ran off rather than into the pot.

They were so pot bound that they had split the side of the pot
They do that, don't they? I gifted an orchid to my daughter 2 months ago, the flower sadly died, I left it completely to her care, for didactic reasons, and when I discarded it, to separate the plastic pot for recycling...it was visible it had done just that...strong, spreading roots...
Plants do not thrive in my flat...possibly to do with the northern exposure and insufficient sunlight, not sure...but it was beautiful while alive...
Yours are looking very good!

A messy kitchen table (which tbh occurs frequently) does my head in!

I don't enjoy eating at a messy table to the extent I'd rather put the food on a tray and eat in the living room than look at mess while eating!

That makes me sound like a neat freak and I am so not at all but for some reason the table is important šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

I've infected my boys with the nice table thing. They wanted a tablecloth and had previously seen this fabric when they were decorating their flat.
There was only a single fat quarter available and they were disappointed but I managed to track some down and surprise them with a tablecloth and napkins. They were thrilled.
IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0376.jpeg

I morbidly think it will be nice for them to have things made especially for them when I pop my clogs!

IMG_3002.jpeg

Beginning of June in the garage because I got rid of my dining table and want to repurpose that room! Had to stop laying the table and iron out that big crease I'd folded in!

IMG_1884.jpeg

Star wars lunch. That one went down very well. Especially the green square eggs šŸ˜†
IMG_1785.jpeg

And my favourite the Christmas table. Did this one for many many years, it was handy when I used to cook for a lot of people because I could seat 16 people in there.
But I got fed up with the volume of work involved and reduced it down to just six.
Now we use the kitchen table, it's a lot less hassle!
IMG_1020.jpeg

A messy kitchen table (which tbh occurs frequently) does my head in!
You would have had fits at our table growing up. My mom is/was incredibly disorganized and a bit of a packrat, and it was reflected in every flat surface of the house.

Buried somewhere at the center of a large round dining room table was a big lazy susan - originally meant for salt, pepper, condiments, etc, but it eventually ended up with a paper napkin holderā€¦a shoebox filled with medsā€¦a stack of plastic throwaway cups (which my mom washed and reused for years).

All around the tableā€¦on the chair seatsā€¦stacks and stacks of magazines, books from the library, the mail deliveryā€¦really, anything that needed to be dealt with between that day and, well, the end of time, really.

When we were all home, it wasnā€™t that bad, because there were always 7-9 people eating at the table for any given meal (Mom rarely ate with us, she served and ate by herself afterwards), so no room to pile this or that on the table ā€œjust for now.ā€

Once kids started leaving home, more and more stuff got stored there, and when weā€™d eat, Iā€™d have to shove a pile of this or a stack of that to one side to make room for my plate, and it was like that right up until they went into care.

You would have had fits at our table growing up. My mom is/was incredibly disorganized and a bit of a packrat, and it was reflected in every flat surface of the house.

Buried somewhere at the center of a large round dining room table was a big lazy susan - originally meant for salt, pepper, condiments, etc, but it eventually ended up with a paper napkin holderā€¦a shoebox filled with medsā€¦a stack of plastic throwaway cups (which my mom washed and reused for years).

All around the tableā€¦on the chair seatsā€¦stacks and stacks of magazines, books from the library, the mail deliveryā€¦really, anything that needed to be dealt with between that day and, well, the end of time, really.

When we were all home, it wasnā€™t that bad, because there were always 7-9 people eating at the table for any given meal (Mom rarely ate with us, she served and ate by herself afterwards), so no room to pile this or that on the table ā€œjust for now.ā€

Once kids started leaving home, more and more stuff got stored there, and when weā€™d eat, Iā€™d have to shove a pile of this or a stack of that to one side to make room for my plate, and it was like that right up until they went into care.
Ooh noooo šŸ˜± šŸ˜†
I can handle a messy table for a day or two but I find it a depressing sight!

Mind you catering for 7-9 people all the time somethings got to give! That's would be a free pass from me!

Back
Top Bottom