Table Settings

I've got distant family who are Israeli Jews.
Not that I am any expert, but I've been drawn to theology tremendously in the last year, and Judaism is the very important heritage and stepping stone for Christianity. Christ was a Jew. Then events and understandings split from then on, as far as I understand.

how little I think of religion
There comes time, or not...sometimes things just pan out like that...I was surprised, and statistics show, how little (some) people who claim to be religious, know of their religion or some important threads and doctrines and understandings of it. Me too, I was very underinformed.
Now I am working on it to learn, and I love, absolutely love learning about Catholicism. But one learns about other religions and philosophies in parallel, too.
(Oops, unsure about the double L in parallel🫣, please forgive)

So if you are not religious, even more so, totally understandably so.

Not that I am any expert, but I've been drawn to theology tremendously in the last year, and Judaism is the very important heritage and stepping stone for Christianity. Christ was a Jew. Then events and understandings split from then on, as far as I understand.
Honestly and I say this in a loving way - religion is a dodgy topic when it comes to maintaining peace and harmony on a forum.
Tread lightly my friend 🧨😂

Oh no, I do not mean to preach. No. I stop right here.
It came out in the post, and I stated my viewpoint. Stopping.
Peace. Love.😊💚
I didn't find it at all preachy, it's just a known explosive topic because peoples feelings about it often run very deep.
You're a lovely person and I didn't want you to accidentally fall prey to any unpleasantness 🤗

You're a lovely person and I didn't want you to accidentally fall prey to any unpleasantness
Oh thank you🫠💗that is so kind and sweet of you.
I hope no one got offended, I did not however get into any hot topics, I would not even be skilled to do that,and this is not the forum for it anyways.

Sooo, back to table settings...😁
Can't wait to purchase the new table, dismantle the old one, discard the remnants for recycling, and start daydreaming of the new Christmas table settings🥰🌲

We invited some medical friends for an Indian meal a few months ago. The main table seats 8; the second seats 6, so that fixed it for the 13 people who came:
table setting 1.jpg
table setting 2.jpg

IMG_3432.jpeg

Weeds from the other side of the wall.
Some lovely gardening type person was waffling about gardening on radio four, it's one of the few topics that I find boring due to being able to kill a plant just by looking at it, anyway they said "a weed is just a flower in the wrong place" and I've loved weeds ever since.

I have only two tables and they are meant for when I participate in our Community's Craft & Bake Sale.
In the Spring I use a plain inexpensive white cloth.
In the Fall I have a Christmas plaid-type cloth.
For our table at home, I use cloth runners and place mates.

christmas eve table.jpg

My Seven Fishes Feast My Way for Christmas Eve dinner.
And if you've seen most of my plated meals that I post here, there's a place mate under there.

IMG_6416.JPG

Back
Top Bottom