The CookingBites recipe challenge: garlic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is my 4th entry.
Sri Lankan Black Pepper Chicken Curry

IMG_9368.jpeg

IMG_9369.jpeg

IMG_9370.jpeg

Oh no correction intended, your post was just fine. It’s always neat to see someone mention something thats right in your backyard. I’ll have to see if I can pull up some old pics I’ve taken there. It’s a very lively event and the air is absolutely pungent with Garlic.

The funny thing is when you drive through the area during garlic harvest season, the combination of the harvest and the plants processing it will literally make your eyes tear up when passing through. But my god that smell:)
Garlic is one of nature's true gifts. There aren't many restaurant meals that stay in my memory for long. But one that does was an abalone meal I had at Jack London Square in Oakland. It was very garlicky. Wonderful.

Garlic is one of nature's true gifts. There aren't many restaurant meals that stay in my memory for long. But one that does was an abalone meal I had at Jack London Square in Oakland. It was very garlicky. Wonderful.
That sounds fantastic. Garlic definitely is a true gift from good ‘ole Mother Earth:)

I had a delicious meal like this once, probably about 15yrs ago. A place in San Francisco called “The Stinkin Rose.” Take a wild guess what every one of their dishes contain :) They got famous around here for their 40 clove garlic chicken dish originally, but they serve amazing pasta and salads as well.

About 20yrs ago I was at the Gilroy Garlic festival and got to meet the owner as well as a local celebrity chef who wrote a cookbook for them. I picked up a copy and got it signed and I had completely forgot about it all these years later until just now. I’ll have to see if I can whip up a recipe out of the book for the challenge.

IMG_9371.jpeg

IMG_9372.jpeg

Last edited:
That sounds fantastic. Garlic definitely is a true gift from good ‘ole Mother Earth:)

I had a delicious meal like this once, probably about 15yrs ago. A place in San Francisco called “The Stinkin Rose.” Take a wild guess what every one of their dishes contain :) They got famous around here for their 40 close garlic chicken dish originally, but they serve amazing pasta and salads as well.

About 20yrs ago I was at the Gilroy Garlic festival and got to meet the owner as well as a local celebrity chef who wrote a cookbook for them. I picked up a copy and got it signed and I had completely forgot about it all these years later until just now. I’ll have to see if I can whip up a recipe out of the book for the challenge.

View attachment 115053
View attachment 115054
Yes, it's okay to reek! I love that!

I had a delicious meal like this once, probably about 15yrs ago. A place in San Francisco called “The Stinkin Rose.” Take a wild guess what every one of their dishes contain :) They got famous around here for their 40 clove garlic chicken dish originally, but they serve amazing pasta and salads as well.

View attachment 115053
View attachment 115054
So what caused you to use the name of Thor's hammer in your handle?

So what caused you to use the name of Thor's hammer in your handle?
Well while I am familiar with the comic character and the mythology, I actually use it to reference the armor of the Master Chief in the Halo video game from 2001 which I’m sure they probably got the idea from Thor. I played a lot of competitive video games back then and it seemed fitting:) I’ve had it ever since and I can’t believe its been that long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom