The CookingBites recipe challenge: onions

OK
Onions
View attachment 118829

Sliced and in a jar with 2% salt (based on onion weight)
View attachment 118830

Now we wait for about a week and thenn I should have lacto fermented onions :)

(I'm just waiting to see if enough liquid gets out of the onions to submerge them.
If not, I'll add some water & salt. They will still get a weight on top)
Ah a mystery. What will she do with it?

Last edited:
IMG_9424.jpeg

My first one:

Recipe - Olive & Onion Salad

This is a positively cheerful little Sunday afternoon nibble, and it’s so simple to throw together just after breakfast, just to give the flavors time to get to know each other well.

IMG_9429.jpeg

I really expected the cocktail onions to be a little too assertive for this, but the olives and the dressing had a little chat with onions and made sure everyone acted accordingly and shared the spotlight. Even the lemon zest (which I put as optional, but I think should be included) gets a little moment to shine in there.

So nice!😊

Hmmm. Black beans and onions from the food processor. salt and chicken stock. I don't see anything that doesn't belong. It could be a black bean and onion soup. I can't tell you how many times I have made black bean soup. One of my favorites. Is there a part 3 or can we settle on black bean soup? If I'm right then I recommend a squirt or 2 of worcestershire sauce. It makes a great acidic enhancer for black beans.

Lentils, rice, onions, chicken stock, and boneless pork steak/chop? Butter, salt (from a salt celler?).

Back
Top Bottom