The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wonders of a very hot summer and heatwaves.
It usually carries on getting colder until 7am...it's already very cold here despite the doors being closed! February is actually the hottest month of the year and has already set new records for being such! Tonight it may also be setting new records for the coldest summer night and the greatest monthly extremes!

_20170221_040522.JPG

Top right, is my local weather centre's current temp, sorry was! It's now reading 2.0C!

Back to bed to get warm. We still have no heating and I'm not well at the moment. :(

The wonders of a very hot summer and heatwaves.
It usually carries on getting colder until 7am...it's already very cold here despite the doors being closed! February is actually the hottest month of the year and has already set new records for being such! Tonight it may also be setting new records for the coldest summer night and the greatest monthly extremes!

View attachment 5430

Top right, is my local weather centre's current temp, sorry was! It's now reading 2.0C!

Back to bed to get warm. We still have no heating and I'm not well at the moment. :(
Wrap up the extremities!

the chat thread you mean is like having a live chat or something? where we can chat live? if thats the one its totally cool :)
No - its not live chat unless someone happens to be on-line at the same time and replies. Its just a thread for anything off topic - not food related.

I have come to the conclusion Mother Nature is going through menopause.
Emma is in summer and having winter weather mixed in. We are in winter and having summer weather mixed in.

I have come to the conclusion Mother Nature is going through menopause.
Emma is in summer and having winter weather mixed in. We are in winter and having summer weather mixed in.
Weird weather happens every few years or so. I remember the summer of 76 when it was seriously hot [for us anyway] for weeks but only a few weeks earlier it had been snowing heavily - it was the year my nephew was born and getting to the hospital had been more like an Arctic expedition. Yet soon after we were sitting on the beach by a loch in Scotland in beautiful sunshine.

I remember in St. Fergus in 1985 - it was snowing in June!

10 years ago this month, I had a week in Scotland where night time temperatures were -15C. Daytime rarely went above freezing. I was solo wild camping. It was amazing. It wasn't the last time I have had that, but that and a winter back in 95 or 96 jump out in my memory. That one was camping in the Lake District, -18C was recorded and temperatures like that were there for the entire Christmas week and into the New Year. It had snowed on Christmas Day as well to top off the most amazing Christmas holiday.

It happens from time to time.

Tonight be are back to 11C right now at the local weather station. It feels similar here. I guess it'll drop to 9-10C by dawn. We are due 35C again later today and hotter tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom