The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate bra shopping too. 40D on these bras. I may have bought 8. No padding, no under wires and they keep side boobage down.
Though I do seriously wonder why bra makers think that bigger breasted women need padding. Don't they realize they get hot and are big enough?

Now on quitting smoking, I gained 30 lbs in 2 months. The local charity shop offered me an exchange because I would wear something for 2 weeks, return it and buy a slightly larger size. I turned them down on the exchange but it was appreciated.
Thing was even after I gained the 30 people still asked me how I stayed so skinny.
I have a friend that is the same size as me but looked heavier. The difference was in the clothes we wore or more precisely the sizes. She was trying to squeeze herself into way too small clothes. I told her, don't worry about the size on the label, dress to fit your chest. You will look skinnier, be more comfortable and will look better. She was amazed at the difference when she put on one of my tops.
In high school, all my weight was up top. Small pants or skirts and large tops. I think I owned one dress. Everything else was separates.

I hate bra shopping too. 40D on these bras. I may have bought 8. No padding, no under wires and they keep side boobage down.
Though I do seriously wonder why bra makers think that bigger breasted women need padding. Don't they realize they get hot and are big enough?

Now on quitting smoking, I gained 30 lbs in 2 months. The local charity shop offered me an exchange because I would wear something for 2 weeks, return it and buy a slightly larger size. I turned them down on the exchange but it was appreciated.
Thing was even after I gained the 30 people still asked me how I stayed so skinny.
I have a friend that is the same size as me but looked heavier. The difference was in the clothes we wore or more precisely the sizes. She was trying to squeeze herself into way too small clothes. I told her, don't worry about the size on the label, dress to fit your chest. You will look skinnier, be more comfortable and will look better. She was amazed at the difference when she put on one of my tops.
In high school, all my weight was up top. Small pants or skirts and large tops. I think I owned one dress. Everything else was separates.

I was the opposite - wide hips and smaller up top. But since having kids the top filled out. And now - with age (and this is the ONLY good thing I can say regarding my ageing body) the hips have sort of 'dropped', I mean 'gone South'. So my hips and top are more symmetrical!

There are so many I just could't work out which to buy, being measured and properly fitted opened my eyes as to what to look for. I have never liked underwired as they are very uncomfortable, some mould to the shape of your body, if you gain/lose weight they no longer fit! Emily was really good and gave me a lot of advice, cannot believe I have got to 46 but still need help with this but there you go.

Its funny you posted about this because I was thinking only the other day that I need to do a bit of shopping in that department. I haven't ever tried the M&S measuring service but perhaps it would be a good idea as iI hate shopping for that kind of thing. How long did it take?

TVC had the same issue when he gave up. Apparently it is the norm for a lot of people.
I used to smoke and I have to own up to smoking when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was only 20 but should have known better I think. I didn't stop smoking until I was in my 40s. I did gain a bit of weight weight when I stopped but that might be more to do with meeting my husband and enjoying eating and cooking together and domestic life.

I used to smoke and I have to own up to smoking when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was only 20 but should have known better I think. I didn't stop smoking until I was in my 40s. I did gain a bit of weight weight when I stopped but that might be more to do with meeting my husband and enjoying eating and cooking together and domestic life.
I smoked with my oldest. Everyone tried to tell me it lead to low birth weight and early babies.
He was almost 8 lbs and 3 weeks late.

I smoked with my oldest. Everyone tried to tell me it lead to low birth weight and early babies.
He was almost 8 lbs and 3 weeks late.
I also smoked with my youngest. He was 9 lbs. And three weeks late. But then, all four of them were three weeks late.

Its funny you posted about this because I was thinking only the other day that I need to do a bit of shopping in that department. I haven't ever tried the M&S measuring service but perhaps it would be a good idea as iI hate shopping for that kind of thing. How long did it take?

I booked online and it does say it can take 20 minutes, I only wanted every day wear, nothing fancy, Emily measured me, fetched a couple of different styles, 1 didn't work the other did-perfect fit and was nice, I was very happy with that so I put my top back on and we went to the part where she got them from and she advised which to avoid due to body shape etc... I it took me less than 20 minutes because she was so good and I am not picky-I know what I do and don't like, just needed advise on size and style.

That's a coincidence. For the first time since we moved in here (as far as I know) we had a cow and her calf in our back garden yesterday nibbling at the grass. They had likely entered through a gap in the wall which has recently appeared. They didn't stay long.

The cows were back today. Found their way into the front garden. I don't mind during the dry season when the ground is solid.

cows s.jpg

As for bras. Hate the contraptions. M&S can't provide one that fits me, even via their fitting service which has tried several times over the years. I now know roughly what size I am in one very comfortable make and depending on my weight (being still on a diet) I wear one of a variety of sizes. I prefer the Chantelle make. Much more comfortable and I am one who despite being large up there now due to hormone issues from an adenoma, much prefer a padded cup. I've found it stops people staring at me constantly but since breaking so many ribs, the use of a bra has been rather limited to say the least. It tightens right over all of the breaks including the floating fracture which hurts.

Right back to bed. It's single figures yet again, and getting colder. I'm exhausted from the new birds in quarantine.... And need more sleep.

As for bras. Hate the contraptions. M&S can't provide one that fits me, even via their fitting service which has tried several times over the years. I now know roughly what size I am in one very comfortable make and depending on my weight (being still on a diet) I wear one of a variety of sizes. I prefer the Chantelle make. Much more comfortable and I am one who despite being large up there now due to hormone issues from an adenoma, much prefer a padded cup. I've found it stops people staring at me constantly but since breaking so many ribs, the use of a bra has been rather limited to say the least. It tightens right over all of the breaks including the floating fracture which hurts.

Right back to bed. It's single figures yet again, and getting colder. I'm exhausted from the new birds in quarantine.... And need more sleep.
Double figures here, 9.7°C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom