The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we could have a film review thread... mind you whilst I can get Netflix I can't afford to download the films because of my restricted limit of 50Gb per month... unless I can rig it to download between the hours of 1am and 7am when normally my broadband is down!

There was an incident today in the works gents loos, had to call in Dynorod to unblock the outside pipes. For some reason our cleaner deemed it perfectly acceptable at 7.50am to give me graphic details about what was over flowing and all over the floor :sick: :facepalm:

There was an incident today in the works gents loos, had to call in Dynorod to unblock the outside pipes. For some reason our cleaner deemed it perfectly acceptable at 7.50am to give me graphic details about what was over flowing and all over the floor :sick: :facepalm:
Many years ago I landed a pretty good job as a janitor with a provincial energy generation company. Great wages, security, pension, etc.... I had to clean up a restroom where everything backed up. I resigned shortly after...there are some things that a mop won't pick up...

Many years ago I landed a pretty good job as a janitor with a provincial energy generation company. Great wages, security, pension, etc.... I had to clean up a restroom where everything backed up. I resigned shortly after...there are some things that a mop won't pick up...
That's when a shovel(plastic) becomes needed. Or you raid the kitchen cupboard.

I don't blame you, not something I could do :headshake:

Another example of my senior moments. This one is ridiculous. I'm staying with my friend in Essex. His gas hob has a burner which has developed a non-stop clicking noise if switched on - I think the knob is faulty. Anyway, to make sure I didn't switch it on I removed the knob and put it on the kitchen counter. Next morning, he says 'what have you done with the cooker knob?'. I say, 'I put it where I always put it - on the counter'. He says 'not there!' so I start to search. Did I accidentally put it in the bin? I go through all the bin contents. Not there. Its quite a small kitchen and I look everywhere possible - cupboards, drawers etc. In the end we decide it will turn up in due course.

Later that day he finds it. I had put it on top of the plastic milk bottle in the fridge in place of the cap (which I must have thrown away). It was just the right size! I have no memory whatsoever of dong this. :ohmy:

I read somewhere that it was National Beer Day. Further investigation revealed that this was only in the United States. However, in the spirit of international co-operation, I am prepared to make sacrifices and will duly down a glass or two of Adnams tonight in solidarity with our American comrades.

I shall join you although unfortunately I don't have access to Adnams (or any decent ale at an acceptable price).

Another example of my senior moments. This one is ridiculous. I'm staying with my friend in Essex. His gas hob has a burner which has developed a non-stop clicking noise if switched on - I think the knob is faulty. Anyway, to make sure I didn't switch it on I removed the knob and put it on the kitchen counter. Next morning, he says 'what have you done with the cooker knob?'. I say, 'I put it where I always put it - on the counter'. He says 'not there!' so I start to search. Did I accidentally put it in the bin? I go through all the bin contents. Not there. Its quite a small kitchen and I look everywhere possible - cupboards, drawers etc. In the end we decide it will turn up in due course.

Later that day he finds it. I had put it on top of the plastic milk bottle in the fridge in place of the cap (which I must have thrown away). It was just the right size! I have no memory whatsoever of dong this. :ohmy:
Sounds like a case of operating on auto pilot, i.e. brain/awareness not engaged. It can be alarming though to have no memory, I understand that.

Reminds me of the time I was eating a banana and approaching a letter box to post a letter. Mindlessly I bit the letter and posted the banana! :o_o:

In the supermarket this afternoon, the lady on the till was nice-we were chatty, she held up the box of cat biscuits and asked if they were hours, my husband looked her in the eye and said 'no they are for the cat' she took it in the humour it was meant :laugh:

I am reminded of a similar supermarket incident, when I was after some boxes for packing things.

Duck59: Do you have any cardboard boxes? Three or four would be good, if you've got some you're going to throw out.
Supermarket person: There's some boxes going spare over there.
Duck59: Oh, they look quite placid to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom