The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm the opposite because I love kids. All ages. You can play with them teach them things, and have fun goofing on them. For years my son believed that the reason dinosaurs went extinct was that they smoked cigarettes.

To be honest I have no maternal feelings so having a child would be the wrong thing to do. I am a firm believer in 'if you don't want them-don't have them' children are not toys to play with for a few hours then ignore, they are 24/7. I could not commit to that.

I never did understand why people are obsessed with grandchildren, you know it isn't easy raising your own so why push them into having them? I am lucky, my folks accepted that we were not going to have any but other people cannot understand why we made the choice.
I was never obsessed with having grandchildren, but now I have two I find I get on far better with them than I did my own daughter. But I did miss seeing them grow up - they live too far away to visit very often - and I sometimes feel a bit jealous at some of the opportunities that they have had. As far as very young children are concerned, I could never stand other people's kids.

I am watching a baby giraffe being born live on CBS Denver on facebook :hyper:. So far only a small part of 2 legs have appeared, this could take some time.

Confession time! Just been to Waitrose and succumbed to their special offer with flavoured hot cross buns i.e. 2 packets for £2.50! I got one with cherry and almond - the other with apple and cinnamon. Of course I was disappointed since they were much blander than anticipated (perhaps due to no longer having a sense of smell). I will rectify this by buying some marzipan - adding a slice of this into the cherry and almond ones and making an thick apple puree to go into the apple and cinnamon ones!

I also got an organic leg of lamb, since the price was reduced - normally I find it too expensive. I will be exploring recipes to try for tomorrow.

Confession time! Just been to Waitrose and succumbed to their special offer with flavoured hot cross buns i.e. 2 packets for £2.50! I got one with cherry and almond - the other with apple and cinnamon. Of course I was disappointed since they were much blander than anticipated (perhaps due to no longer having a sense of smell). I will rectify this by buying some marzipan - adding a slice of this into the cherry and almond ones and making an thick apple puree to go into the apple and cinnamon ones!

I also got an organic leg of lamb, since the price was reduced - normally I find it too expensive. I will be exploring recipes to try for tomorrow.
Hope you'll be leaving the apple off/out.

Ok, here is a quandary that is completely no food related. My hair is about shoulder length, natural blonde with a few streaks of grey, when washed it is dried naturally, it looks quite nice but is naturally fine and staticky, if touch it sticks to my face and becomes annoying, when we go out and it is windy I cannot see anything because I have a face full of hair and to be honest it only looks nice freshly washed and dry or when the hairdresser has been round it. So on Wednesday I am going to the hairdresser for a cut, I know long hair is feminine but mine just looks a mess so want it cut short. Any suggestions regarding an alternative to short? If I grow it and have it layered and lightened it still hangs straight and looks flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom