The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is a quandary that is completely no food related. My hair is about shoulder length, natural blonde with a few streaks of grey, when washed it is dried naturally, it looks quite nice but is naturally fine and staticky, if touch it sticks to my face and becomes annoying, when we go out and it is windy I cannot see anything because I have a face full of hair and to be honest it only looks nice freshly washed and dry or when the hairdresser has been round it. So on Wednesday I am going to the hairdresser for a cut, I know long hair is feminine but mine just looks a mess so want it cut short. Any suggestions regarding an alternative to short? If I grow it and have it layered and lightened it still hangs straight and looks flat.
Here are 7 solutions for your kind of hair
http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/slideshows/how-to-get-rid-of-static-hair-150204/page1

Ok, here is a quandary that is completely no food related. My hair is about shoulder length, natural blonde with a few streaks of grey, when washed it is dried naturally, it looks quite nice but is naturally fine and staticky, if touch it sticks to my face and becomes annoying, when we go out and it is windy I cannot see anything because I have a face full of hair and to be honest it only looks nice freshly washed and dry or when the hairdresser has been round it. So on Wednesday I am going to the hairdresser for a cut, I know long hair is feminine but mine just looks a mess so want it cut short. Any suggestions regarding an alternative to short? If I grow it and have it layered and lightened it still hangs straight and looks flat.

Can you tie it back to keep it off your face and to control it in the wind?

Some ideas on Pinterest:
https://uk.pinterest.com/explore/short-fine-hair/

Seems a bit drastic when a simple hairband would solve the problem
Ha....the thought just occurred to me that, since it is long, just tucking it behind your ears if it is windy! A chance to show off some nice earrings maybe.

Some products can be too heavy for my hair so I am reluctant to use them.
I meant styling/gelling once hair is short. There are gel sprays for fine hair.

Was nothing in the link I gave in # 2506 useful to you? Maybe having a chat with a hairdresser might help. They are there for initial consultations.

I meant styling/gelling once hair is short. There are gel sprays for fine hair.

Was nothing in the link I gave in # 2506 useful to you? Maybe having a chat with a hairdresser might help. They are there for initial consultations.

The link was very useful thank you, I have only ever owned a plastic comb, that part was an eye-opener.

I could never have tied my hair anywhere. It just grew outwards!

This was me in '76 in Lanarkshire on my first big job.

lanark 76.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom