The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember in the 60's being caught attempting to sneak out of the Golden Egg restaurant in Skegness Butlin's without paying. Wearing a bright orange/white/yellow striped full length kaftan style shirt could be considered inappropriate for such an escapade.

That, and stealing a 6' tall ice cream cornet and a few other misdemeanors resulted in three of us being ejected from said Butlins and having to sleep in a bus shelter all night.

No sense of humour those Bluecoats!

That, and stealing a 6' tall ice cream cornet and a few other misdemeanors resulted in three of us being ejected from said Butlins and having to sleep in a bus shelter all night.

Who ate the 6' ice cream cornet?
Did it come with ice cream as well?

Well...I could relay the time 6 of us (hippies) were done/found 'in possession of daffodils' er...'gathered' from what we thought was a field!
rolleyespink.gif

The case went to court and was like something from a Monty Python's sketch!

The hippy look is still quite on trend... but I've been waiting for an opportunity to post this photograph. My sister found it on Pinterest and sent it to me saying 'is this you?' And indeed it is - the picture was taken by a Daily Mirror photographer at the Rolling Stones concert 'Stones in the Park' 1969. It was published in a centre spread in the Daily Mirror with the caption 'Bubbles on a Summer's Day'. I still wear my hair in these high 'half bunches' now sometimes.

View attachment 6520
I have had hippy hair since approximately 1966 with the exception of a couple of bad perms. My hair does that style very nicely. Last year or the year before, I had a woman ask me how I get my hair so straight. She wanted hers to do that. All I could tell her was it grows this way.
As to styling it, it will hold a style for maybe 2 hours top. And that is with the super ultra hold stuff and a lot of it.
My friends used to love to play with my hair. It was always I've got the perfect thing for your hair.

I have had hippy hair since approximately 1966 with the exception of a couple of bad perms. My hair does that style very nicely. Last year or the year before, I had a woman ask me how I get my hair so straight. She wanted hers to do that. All I could tell her was it grows this way.
As to styling it, it will hold a style for maybe 2 hours top. And that is with the super ultra hold stuff and a lot of it.
My friends used to love to play with my hair. It was always I've got the perfect thing for your hair.

Are you saying 'hippy hair' is straight hair?

Are you saying 'hippy hair' is straight hair?
Pretty much if you look at all the flower children in San Francisco.
It may have been different across the pond.
So I have had US hippy hair since it was in style. Note: I could have attended Woodstock but I was only 3.

Pretty much if you look at all the flower children in San Francisco.
It may have been different across the pond.
So I have had US hippy hair since it was in style. Note: I could have attended Woodstock but I was only 3.
Oh I dunno - I thought it was just long hair really. I could have attended Woodstock too I suppose (same year as the Stones concert). I am rather a lot older than you.:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom