The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been tying my hair back for years..I'm ready for an actual hair style..I've grown out of my old hippie phase...

The hippy look is still quite on trend... but I've been waiting for an opportunity to post this photograph. My sister found it on Pinterest and sent it to me saying 'is this you?' And indeed it is - the picture was taken by a Daily Mirror photographer at the Rolling Stones concert 'Stones in the Park' 1969. It was published in a centre spread in the Daily Mirror with the caption 'Bubbles on a Summer's Day'. I still wear my hair in these high 'half bunches' now sometimes.

bc5896d4e7cc07bbf0ea830b8d1f1893.jpg

I remember in the 60's being caught attempting to sneak out of the Golden Egg restaurant in Skegness Butlin's without paying. Wearing a bright orange/white/yellow striped full length kaftan style shirt could be considered inappropriate for such an escapade.

The hippy look is still quite on trend... but I've been waiting for an opportunity to post this photograph. My sister found it on Pinterest and sent it to me saying 'is this you?' And indeed it is - the picture was taken by a Daily Mirror photographer at the Rolling Stones concert 'Stones in the Park' 1969. It was published in a centre spread in the Daily Mirror with the caption 'Bubbles on a Summer's Day'. I still wear my hair in these high 'half bunches' now sometimes.

View attachment 6520
Nice! Were you a hippy then? Did you ... er... 'inhale'? I was a fully fledged one, i.e. not just a weekend hippy!

I was at that concert too. I recall Jagger in that attractive white blousy top releasing the butterflies in honour of Brian Jones' recent demise. They are not a group I would normally go and see but I went along with those that are was with at the time. There is footage of that concert that crops up from time to time on TV, e.g. scanning the audience....I always look to try and see myself (I know roughly whereabouts I was) but to no avail. Do you know the footage I mean?

My hair is still wild looking (gelled) and I still love vibrant colours, especially purple! Who said you need to be boringly beige/grey as you age?

I remember in the 60's being caught attempting to sneak out of the Golden Egg restaurant in Skegness Butlin's without paying. Wearing a bright orange/white/yellow striped full length kaftan style shirt could be considered inappropriate for such an escapade.
I remember returning from Amsterdam (no, wasn't carrying drugs) but, stupidly, wearing a long multicoloured scarf so (of course) security at the airport beckoned me over..... :facepalm:

Nice! Were you a hippy then? Did you ... er... 'inhale'? I was a fully fledged one, i.e. not just a weekend hippy!

I was at that concert too. I recall Jagger in that attractive white blousy top releasing the butterflies in honour of Brian Jones' recent demise. They are not a group I would normally go and see but I went along with those that are was with at the time. There is footage of that concert that crops up from time to time on TV, e.g. scanning the audience....I always look to try and see myself (I know roughly whereabouts I was) but to no avail. Do you know the footage I mean?

My hair is still wild looking (gelled) and I still love vibrant colours, especially purple! Who said you need to be boringly beige/grey as you age?

Yes I know the footage. i suppose I'm lucky to have my little record of being there. I agree re hair - mine is dyed bright red!

I shall categorically state that you've weathered a damn sight better than I have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom