The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I understand. Your book does sound good. Do you mind if I ask you another question? What do you want from a publisher? If you decide to go with a small publisher, please take a look at some of their other books first. There are many publishers that are just out for a quick buck. If they ask for money in advance, there is a good chance they will spend 5 minutes clicking upload.
If they promise to put it on their website, there is a good chance no one will see it.

Oh and one other thing. Make sure they don't take all your rights to your characters.

Last thing: the small press, self-published readership is fairly small. Many people now look at the publisher before buying a book.
Not trying to be a downer but I have spent many hours with authors and have talked to a couple of publishers.
Money is not really an issue - [not at my age now anyway ! ] I just had a story bubbling away and wanted to tell it. My reward would be simply to see it in print. If I can achieve that it's a bit of a win win situation for me ie Get it printed - just see it out there = win :D Get it published - see it out there - sell millions of copies = win :D Get it published sell the rights to Lucas films for millions = win :D. TBH there are no real downs whatever the outcome - just knowing that some people have read it and maybe been amused for a while is enough really.

That sounds interesting, e.g. on Eritrea (I see that you were a VSO volunteer). There are lots of questions I would like to ask on that but maybe I should read the book! Would you like to share the title and disclose your name or do so in PM? Failing which, overall, what was the experience like, e.g. highlights etc. (I have done lots of voluntary work for Oxfam but only in their shops).

Nothing to hide...here is my author page at Amazon. Shameless plug: my Eritrea book is selling for a mere two quid...already, I am bargain basement.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tom-Locke/e/B00JOCH0V2/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1

Pretty much my point - they play and get high with no such consideration

:eek::eek::eek: Such words should never be uttered in civilized company. The chip shop owner should be immediately hung from a lamp post as a warning to others of his ilk not to fail in their duty. Cooking in oil, tartar sauce, no newsprint on the chips - where will it end :cry:

And there was something green with the fish and chips! :sick:

Have fun, Mypinch.

I'm in just hour 2 of a 17 hour shift. :( I need to find someone to go on the roof of our building with me to look at some satellite dishes. We're not allowed to go up alone anymore for safety purposes.

The Eb/No of 2 return feeds of the golf tournament today is fluctuating wildly. It's probably just a couple of dirty fibers off a E/O splitter coming down to the receivers.

Just in case anyone was curious. :okay:

Have fun, Mypinch.

I'm in just hour 2 of a 17 hour shift. :( I need to find someone to go on the roof of our building with me to look at some satellite dishes. We're not allowed to go up alone anymore for safety purposes.

The Eb/No of 2 return feeds of the golf tournament today is fluctuating wildly. It's probably just a couple of dirty fibers off a E/O splitter coming down to the receivers.

I feel sorry for your IT guys too or more precisely the social media guy if the feed is cutting out.

I remember when our station lost the Grammy's. People about blew up their Facebook.

Have fun, Mypinch.

Empathy! H &S has to come first and I have all the bloody certificates to prove it. Hope it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom