The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping you were far away. I also realized that a lot of folks don't understand just how big Texas is.
I looked it up, and Texas is equivalent to almost 3 UKs.
Actually more than that.
The UK is about the same size as the Permian Basin or was that just Britain?

From what I've read, Texas is 2.86 times the size of the UK in terms os square meters, which includes England, Scotland, Wales, and the 6 occupied counties in the North of Ireland. :whistling:

From what I've read, Texas is 2.86 times the size of the UK in terms os square meters, which includes England, Scotland, Wales, and the 6 occupied counties in the North of Ireland. :whistling:
Yeah I get it already....how many chopsticks could it contain I wonder!!!
rolleyespink.gif

I just try to rotate the older stuff to the front. Most of our food items have a 2 year shelf life.
? is this in the correct thread? just wondering because it seems to be so out of place here!

I think you may have missed some islands out there... like the isle of man, isle of Wight and potentially Jersey and Guernsey?

Mind you, I'm still trying to get my head around the size of Australia! (source)

australia.jpg

Mind you, that said, the state I live in (New South Wales) is roughly the same size as Texas...
(but the entire population of Texas is the same as Australia!)

nsw compared to Texas.jpg

? is this in the correct thread? just wondering because it seems to be so out of place here!

I think you may have missed some islands out there... like the isle of man, isle of Wight and potentially Jersey and Guernsey?

Mind you, I'm still trying to get my head around the size of Australia! (source)

View attachment 6820

Mind you, that said, the state I live in (New South Wales) is roughly the same size as Texas...
(but the entire population of Texas is the same as Australia!)

View attachment 6819

Yes, Oz is a true continent. And yes, the Irish and British Isles are certainly more than just two big ones.

I've always wanted to go to the bike races on the Isle of Man, and want to see if the prople on the Isle or Wight have that weird accent, a la Monty Python.

Yes, Oz is a true continent. And yes, the Irish and British Isles are certainly more than just two big ones.

I've always wanted to go to the bike races on the Isle of Man, and want to see if the prople on the Isle or Wight have that weird accent, a la Monty Python.
People on the Isle of Wight talk a bit like me - I was born and grew up in Portsmouth which is just a short ferry ride away from the IOW. :happy:

Do you sound like the bubbly cheeked and lispy Reverend at Monty Python weddings?

Deerwy bee-woved, we are gavered hewe toogever...

That would be awesome!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom