The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@classic33
deal.gif

I-Am-Speechless.jpeg
Now you know, just drop them in at the right time and say nowt else, just watch their faces.

Now you know, just drop them in at the right time and say nowt else, just watch their faces.
Difficult to crowbar that kind of info into everyday conversation. Although Eddie Izzard tried something similar. He visited France but only knew certain phrases like 'le sange est dans l'arbre' - the monkey is in the tree.

So - picture it - he hears 2 men speaking fluently in French. Eddie nods as if following what they are saying...every now and then saying "oui, oui"....then he suddenly attempts, in a knowing way "mais.....le sange.....est dans l'arbre!' :facepalm:

Difficult to crowbar that kind of info into everyday conversation. Although Eddie Izzard tried something similar. He visited France but only knew certain phrases like 'le sange est dans l'arbre' - the monkey is in the tree.

So - picture it - he hears 2 men speaking fluently in French. Eddie nods as if following what they are saying...every now and then saying "oui, oui"....then he suddenly attempts, in a knowing way "mais.....le sange.....est dans l'arbre!' :facepalm:
Just drop them in a "Did you know...." fashion, leave them wondering.

Quick question. Originally set in a maths exam, by my metalwork teacher.

Seven will give Eight, whilst Six will give Nine.
However,
To get Seven requires Three, whilst to get Six requires Five

And this one is "google proof". It gives up at "About 2,520,000,000 results"

Quick question. Originally set in a maths exam, by my metalwork teacher.

Seven will give Eight, whilst Six will give Nine.
However,
To get Seven requires Three, whilst to get Six requires Five

And this one is "google proof". It gives up at "About 2,520,000,000 results"
That made me think of a child's joke -
Why was 6 afraid of 7?
Because 7 8 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom