The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, paying someone to come in and chook sit was not as paranoid as my husband thought. Mr fox paid is another visit an hour before they arrived. it was the 3rd visit this week :( I'm not impressed or happy
Can you "engineer" his approach at all?

Can you "engineer" his approach at all?

Sadly no. Is difficult to even contain the chooks. All I can do is ensure the opposite. That they can scatter in 3 dimensions making it harder for him to catch any. I suspect the cockerel who was caught was out alone and off guard.

Clearly he has found the restaurant to his liking.
Sadly I think it is.
Well, they are very well fed (probably tasty) chickens! Sorry @SatNavSaysStraightOn...
I have no idea how good they taste because the cockerel he took had been to go back that they with my friend. It was one of hers originally and having been positively identified as a male had a limited life. I would just preferred a different death for him. Sadly foxes like rabbits are not native to this land and have no home here. Mind you rabbits are not native to the British isles either but it was the Romans (as I understand) that introduced them to the UK and they are now accepted as part of the landscape. Here they are trying an eradication again which started a few weeks before we started having fox issues...

So I find myself sitting outside in 2C wrapped up protecting my flock from Mr and Mrs Fox

DSC_1202.JPG

Before I left for the chook enclosure this morning. Luckily no frost today but there is also no sunshine either. I'm looking forward to breakfast and a bit coffee in front of the slow combustion stove shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom