The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about excessive bathing and showering. I don't do that myself. But I'm interested in what you consider 'basic hygiene'. There are arguments about 'washing' where that is concerned, too.

The thing about make-up is that its like anything else we 'put on' whether it be clothes, jewellery, tattoos. Its a choice. It doesn't necessarily do any damage. There are a lot worse things in the world than make-up. What do you think about tribal make-up? Is it a bad thing?

When we were on holiday this year the heat and humidity was such that we both showered at least 4 times a day, not out of vanity but need. I work with a couple of people who don't clean very often and the smell is awful, I never want to be like that so hygiene for me is top priority.

My philosophy at this time of life is that if it makes me feel good then I'll do it.

As it happens I'm a dyed in the wool feminist and understand all the arguments against make-up. But my thinking is if David Bowie did it (and lots of other men), so can I!

View attachment 3669

David :love:.
If you want to wear make up then wear it, you earn the money to pay for it so why not.

Last Saturday of every month our local pub has a comedy night, this evening we went along with 4 friends and had an absolute blast. The first act was Gary Delaney, we are both fans and have seen him a few times before so seeing him at our local pub was great, he was very funny and I have had beer :cheers:

Back from seeing his niece and our daughter.
The trip totalled 3350 km or 2080 miles.
We took a week.
2 days up to his niece then 2 days visit then 1 travel day to daughter and the new grandbaby, 2 days visit there then home.

We took a week.
2 days up to his niece then 2 days visit then 1 travel day to daughter and the new grandbaby, 2 days visit there then home.
Phew! That's some journey!

Last Saturday of every month our local pub has a comedy night, this evening we went along with 4 friends and had an absolute blast. The first act was Gary Delaney, we are both fans and have seen him a few times before so seeing him at our local pub was great, he was very funny and I have had beer :cheers:

We have finally surfaced from our pit and just about to have lunch.

Last edited:
We took a week.

Congratulations on becoming grandparents, that was quite a trip.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day. The cupboards are running a bit low.
This was on purpose due to a vacation the first week of September and then the last week of October.
Didn't want to leave too much in the freezer.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day. The cupboards are running a bit low.
This was on purpose due to a vacation the first week of September and then the last week of October.
Didn't want to leave too much in the freezer.

I do almost all shopping on-line now. In the UK almost all the major supermarkets do home delivery. I can shop on-line tonight and get it delivered tomorrow in a one hour time slot to suit me. I just love it!

I do almost all shopping on-line now. In the UK almost all the major supermarkets do home delivery. I can shop on-line tonight and get it delivered tomorrow in a one hour time slot to suit me. I just love it!
None of ours do home delivery.

None of ours do home delivery.

I can actually get home delivery with some supermarkets !

Yet I can't get couriers such as TNT to deliver to my home. They only deliver to a radius of 4km of the nearest town... I'm 12km away... don't know what radius but I'm outside it. So it gets delivered to a local rural supplies shop and you have to collect it from there!

I prefer to go to the supermarket that way we can see what we are buying regarding fresh produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom