The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, it has been a while since I have been on this forum due to unforseen circumstances. I would like to see a general chat thread or Section, but as the others said it would need to be monitored closely so that it does not spin out of control.
Tha's back!

While everyone is figuring out their great recipes, I am going to make some chicken broth and his royal highness some chicken.

I've reached the stage where I can barely distinguish between real, unreal and surreal. :hyper::D

It means I worry less.

I work in an office, 3 of us are female, the other 2 talk about kids and soaps, there are 8 guys who talk about football. I have no interest in any of those things so it is great coming in here to get some respite from all of that :o_o:

Thinking about what to make over the next 3 days.
Today is roast in a crockpot. Debating on how to cook the vegetables.
Tomorrow will probably be spaghetti and meatballs.
Thursday will be beans and cornbread with onions and french fries (uk chips)

For the past month or 2 I have been helping out on the shop floor for 2 hours a day, this morning someone decided to play their Christmas cd, so for 2 hours I had to endure listening to the exact same songs that have been played at this time of year for at least 20 years (more for some of them). It is only November!!!!!! don't mean to sound like a grouch but really.... happens every year, by the end of November the cd comes out and is played over and over again, then the radio stations start, it really is too much. Thankfully I work in the office so don't get it all day but still hear the catterwailing from those who genuinely believe they can sing :facepalm:

Gripe over

For the past month or 2 I have been helping out on the shop floor for 2 hours a day, this morning someone decided to play their Christmas cd, so for 2 hours I had to endure listening to the exact same songs that have been played at this time of year for at least 20 years (more for some of them). It is only November!!!!!! don't mean to sound like a grouch but really.... happens every year, by the end of November the cd comes out and is played over and over again, then the radio stations start, it really is too much. Thankfully I work in the office so don't get it all day but still hear the catterwailing from those who genuinely believe they can sing :facepalm:

Gripe over
Well now, we could dress up the cd player or better yet the singing coworkers to look like a grandma and send a reindeer over. That should eliminate the problem.

Since you are across the pond, you may have missed the "greatest" Christmas song ever. It is "Grandma got run over by a reindeer."
And I will be kind and not link it.

Well now, we could dress up the cd player or better yet the singing coworkers to look like a grandma and send a reindeer over. That should eliminate the problem.

Since you are across the pond, you may have missed the "greatest" Christmas song ever. It is "Grandma got run over by a reindeer."
And I will be kind and not link it.
Can't recall hearing that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom