The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is for the girls...

I wasn't much looking forward to today. My grown-up son (who has severe psychological issues) had an appointment in Chatham to be assessed for disability benefits. So I wandered around the shopping centre trying to kill time until he was through. Its not a great shopping centre, but there is a Debenhams, which we don't have in Maidstone. So there I was idly looking at the sales racks when I saw this jacket. I wasn't really looking for a jacket - but I know a good one when I see it. And this was a good one: a black suede bomber jacket, designer label. Simple lines, flattering cut. What's not to like?

I sniffed it carefully. It smelled like real suede. The label said 'real suede'. The price label said £15! Can't be right, I thought... I tried it on. It fitted like a glove. I went to the till - yes, its £15! Ok....

So I got back home and thought I'd look up the jacket and see what it originally retailed for.
Perhaps someone accidentally left a nought off the price? (first two images are me)

Photo on 13-12-2016 at 19.14.jpg
Photo on 13-12-2016 at 19.17 #2.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 19.27.08.png

Last edited:
Yesterday was one of those really awful days where you sincerely wish that you had chocolate available. I'm hoping today will be better but as a precaution, when I'm done with the chooks, I'm going to make some chocolate chip cookies. my OH thinks by not getting the mixer out for me he has prevented them. not a chance. all he has done is choose which recipe I use!

This evening we went into town to do our Christmas shopping, a success. :thumbsup:

Thing is, the decorations in town have caused a bit of a stir especially the tree and I can understand why-it looks a mess! It looks as though someone has just thrown tinsel and baubles at it and then walked away, it isn't elegant or pretty. Decorations along some streets look nice others look half-ar**d. Every year the Town Hall has displays around the fountain, this year 1 area has been filled with Christmas trees with a few lights on and the other side has a load of cardboard cut-outs, it is rather embarrassing, however the Town Hall building itself has clearly had a few quid spent on it, probably a good thing to distract the eye from the rest of it :thumbsdown:

I wasn't much looking forward to today. My grown-up son (who has severe psychological issues) had an appointment in Chatham to be assessed for disability benefits. So I wandered around the shopping centre trying to kill time until he was through. Its not a great shopping centre, but there is a Debenhams, which we don't have in Maidstone. So there I was idly looking at the sales racks when I saw this jacket. I wasn't really looking for a jacket - but I know a good one when I see it. And this was a good one: a black suede bomber jacket, designer label. Simple lines, flattering cut. What's not to like?

I sniffed it carefully. It smelled like real suede. The label said 'real suede'. The price label said £15! Can't be right, I thought... I tried it on. It fitted like a glove. I went to the till - yes, its £15! Ok....

So I got back home and thought I'd look up the jacket and see what it originally retailed for.
Perhaps someone accidentally left a nought off the price? (first two images are me)

View attachment 4448
View attachment 4450
View attachment 4449

:highfive:

View attachment 4448
View attachment 4450
View attachment 4449

Well spotted! Very clever.

Talking of material things, I live near a plant that builds stuff for the oil industry in Scotland. The work is short-term, but undoubtedly well-paid. We have an absolute glut of BMWs and Mercs with personalised number plates. I find this incredibly shallow and depressing.

Talking of material things, I live near a plant that builds stuff for the oil industry in Scotland. The work is short-term, but undoubtedly well-paid. We have an absolute glut of BMWs and Mercs with personalised number plates. I find this incredibly shallow and depressing.
You mean you don't have :

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 23.23.25.png

Last edited:
Yes...but I think people like to make their mark. Its pretty harmless in the scheme of things (at least, I think so). I'm quite willing to be persuaded otherwise.

This evening we went into town to do our Christmas shopping, a success. :thumbsup:

Thing is, the decorations in town have caused a bit of a stir especially the tree and I can understand why-it looks a mess! It looks as though someone has just thrown tinsel and baubles at it and then walked away, it isn't elegant or pretty. Decorations along some streets look nice others look half-ar**d. Every year the Town Hall has displays around the fountain, this year 1 area has been filled with Christmas trees with a few lights on and the other side has a load of cardboard cut-outs, it is rather embarrassing, however the Town Hall building itself has clearly had a few quid spent on it, probably a good thing to distract the eye from the rest of it :thumbsdown:
Did you take any pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom