The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, the decorations in town have caused a bit of a stir especially the tree and I can understand why-it looks a mess!

Although Christmas isn't celebrated here, the department stores do tend to make an effort to persuade the locals to part with some extra cash. A couple of years ago, one store erected a "Christmas tree" at the entrance. It consisted of a cone shaped metal frame about 3 metres high draped in a green tarpaulin. Fixed to the tarpaulin were little plastic ornaments, which if I recall correctly, were all the same.

There was a very drunk guy in town shouting into his mobile and out a security guard who allegedly punched him (yeah right) he then used a racial slur which I have not heard in years :ohmy: I turned to my husband and remarked that it was disgusting but the guard must have thought I had spoken to him because he just smiled and said 'yeah shocking language'

There was a very drunk guy in town shouting into his mobile and out a security guard who allegedly punched him (yeah right) he then used a racial slur which I have not heard in years :ohmy: I turned to my husband and remarked that it was disgusting but the guard must have thought I had spoken to him because he just smiled and said 'yeah shocking language'
Not too sure what you are saying here It seems like the racial slur is worse than the punch [if it happened]. Not sure who did what but surely physical violence must always outweigh mere verbal abuse.

Ok, who is the idiot that forgot to catalog the last batch of cook booklets?
I guess I shall spend most of the day redoing that list. I am so glad for the speech function on my tablet even it hears me wrong at times.

I am attempting to use the speak feature. I have to share what Google heard.
Pillsbury classic cookbooks pit mix growing and camping.
What I said was Pillsbury Classic cookbooks picnics, grilling and camping.

Every year at this time there is a raffle at work, this year the money is going to the children's oncology dept at our local General Hospital. We don't buy tickets instead we give a donation, my boss asked if it was because we don't gamble, no it is because we don't give to receive. A few people think we are strange because of this and I don't understand why. Some make a huge deal about 'giving to charity' then as soon as the raffle takes place they are at the front almost wetting themselves with excitement at the prospect of what they may have won. Humans are strange creatures at times :o_o:

Every year at this time there is a raffle at work, this year the money is going to the children's oncology dept at our local General Hospital. We don't buy tickets instead we give a donation, my boss asked if it was because we don't gamble, no it is because we don't give to receive. A few people think we are strange because of this and I don't understand why. Some make a huge deal about 'giving to charity' then as soon as the raffle takes place they are at the front almost wetting themselves with excitement at the prospect of what they may have won. Humans are strange creatures at times :o_o:
Yes, they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom