The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first met TVC he was a smoker, couldn't kiss him after he had smoked, didn't like the smell on his hands either. He quit over 10 years ago and that was when he realised just how unpleasant the smell really is. Over here smoking is banned in all restaurants, pubs, stores etc... so when we go to another country that hasn't banned smoking it takes some getting used to.
Here nearly all restaurants are non-smoking. The three that aren't we avoid. 10 years here next month on the non-smoking. We can now take nicer vacations, and put a nice down payment on both our vehicles.
It was amazing how much money went up in smoke.
All stores are non-smoking.

I used to really enjoy smoking. It was a great way to fill time, help concentration and perk up the brain. I think it must be about 7 years now...

With premium bonds I have always had them. family tradition was that a child was always given them. my brother was the winner on that front, we both got given £5 each when born, just before he was 3, he won £25 on his. nothing ever since and either mind you.

But I know that, and have repeatedly seen it with my own account, my husband's and with other's that for regular wins, you need more than £10,000. once you get to that point you will get 1 or 2 wins every couple of months. usually the minimum of £25 but both my husband and I have regularly taken more than the gross interest rate in wins each, each year when we have had that much in there. since withdrawing or money from there and dropping the accounts to that much in total we haven't had a single win!

I'm just glad we took our money out of the UK when we did though! if I were to put it back now, I would make a great profit :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom