The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try that and your head'll hurt, maybe explode even.
It's already exploding without trying to catch up.
And Thanksgiving takes precedence over Christmas in the USA. Which is why it was created. No religous ties.

We have two Bank Holidays this year. Monday and Tuesday, to make up for it.

Just think of the money you'll save. No over commercillation of Christmas this year.
Over here in the Caribbean hope they send.. Business people live for those holidays even if they don't believe in them. Guilty as charged

My wife decided to resurrect the tree earlier in the week But she had thrown all the old ornaments out 3 years ago. She checked the local department store and decided it would cost a fortune to equip even a 4 foot tree like ours. So the tree was today equipped with two old sets of fairy lights and that's it.

Last edited:
A little story about gambling here.

We have a national lottery which is licenced by the government. All other forms of gambling are illegal.

Some time ago, there were three old ladies involved in a gambling "den" in our village with some younger men and they were gambling on tamarind pods, i.e. each participant shakes the pod and bets upon how many seeds they think are in there.

Anyway, the "den" was raided by the police. The younger men were up, over the wall and away, leaving the three old ladies (who were still getting their act together) to face the music.

They would be taken to the city police station (in the back of a pick-up) and likely fined Bht 2,000.00 (US$ 60.00) each. Unfortunately they didn't have Bht 6,000.00 between them so one crossed the road to the "fat lady's" restaurant to ask for a loan. Now, the "fat lady" also runs the "black" illegal lottery in the village so she wanted nothing to do with the police being around her restaurant so she chased the old woman back across the road.

Our tree is done

P_20161217_112513.jpg

I know you don't want to see ours but I'll subject you to it.

christmas tree 1s.jpg

She found some tinsel but is now adamant that we need more stuff to put on it.

I remember we had a coal fire in the two up, two down in the 50's. I loved sitting and watching the flames in that fire. Prior to television, of course.

I remember we had a coal fire in the two up, two down in the 50's. I loved sitting and watching the flames in that fire. Prior to television, of course.

We always had some form of fire in our houses in Britain even with central heating. It's just that you don't see them here in Asia. I would have loved to have seen one at 0600 this morning though. The temperature was down as low as 17 degC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom