The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in three months it will be pushing 40 degC here!

When it's cold you can wear more clothes but when it's hot there is a limit (within public decency) to how many clothes you can take off.

I'm not complaining too much mind.
One advantage of not being overlooked, living as rural as we do and being 12km down a dead end dirt road. no visitors to worry about.

Purchased our tree today, Australian style. take your 4x4 into that field or that field there and find a tree. call me when you what it and I'll come and cut it down. follow back to shed (very large structure here) and it gets netted.

I'll post a picture tomorrow after I've been Christmas shopping in the Capital.

And the only other exciting news is that yesterday my broody chook found a brown snake in the chook house and attacked it! her and the 2 chicks are safe. not sure what happened to the brown snake, it was over 1 m long but had gone by the time I got to the chook house! no photos... no chance

Christmas puddings still need to be cooked because my request for something with a tight fitting lid to cook them in, air tight was the specific request, resulted in an Australian baine-marie. :o_o: I suppose it met the description but I had indicated that the pudding basins didn't have lids and was showed him what I was after... I'll try again tomorrow in town. then I'll adhoc it if needed!

Oh and I'm freezing today, it's dropped to 16C, due to be 12C overnight and I've had to sit under a blanket from around 18C at 6:30pm onwards. it's due to be our hottest day yet on Christmas day. 33C. it's weird it being December and summer. I can't get my head around it.

Way to go broody chook :highfive:

Yesterday at noon it was 26C. By 9pm it was -4C with a wind chill of -12C. By midnight it was -8C with a wind chill of -17C.
Right now 10AM we are at -7C with a wind chill of -12C.

My niece is at college doing baking, she has made a Christmas cake and is bringing it with her on Boxing Day so really looking forward to it because apparently she is a very good baker.

A couple of day ago my niece took her 4 year old brother to our local garden centre to see the 2 reindeer they have there, he loved them and was quite excited to know that in a few days time they will be helping to pull Santa's sleigh.

But in three months it will be pushing 40 degC here!

When it's cold you can wear more clothes but when it's hot there is a limit (within public decency) to how many clothes you can take off.

I'm not complaining too much mind.
Take the lot off if you want.
Rode through York three years ago with only trainers on the feet.

I think going from springtime weather to below freezing in under 8 hours is pretty frigid.
We are still below freezing although much warmer than those to the north of us.
T'aint Springtime yet though. Shortest day in four days time.

What were you riding on ? :eek:
I'd to use the bike, not this
Mine.JPG
as intended.

Which face is that anyway? Twenty pages...thinking.. Spare me having to count twenty pages back..I am struggling over here.
Your third post on page three of this thread. Or work back from this
What am I missing here? How am I going to get back on track? It's going to take me weeks to make sense of all that's been happening. HELP!!!

@Lullabelle, it depends on the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom