The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have a thing about presentation (still do a little). The MD asked me to prepare a "paper" for him once (and a paper is one sheet to him). I prepared it and he remarked "there was no need to make it so fancy" (he's from Wigan). I said "If you don't want it done properly you should ask someone else in future". He never complained again.

We always had some form of fire in our houses in Britain even with central heating. It's just that you don't see them here in Asia. I would have loved to have seen one at 0600 this morning though. The temperature was down as low as 17 degC!
17 deg C!!!!! You call that cold?

17 deg C!!!!! You call that cold?

I wouldn't take my hands out of my pockets in case my little fingers got frostbite and fell off!

I did live in Aberdeen and beyond for a few years but that was eons ago. I'm now not used to temperatures below 25 degC after being over here for 20 odd years.

We are going into town this evening to see our last comedy festival of the year :laugh:

Very funny evening. The compere was 1 of the comics we saw last weekend, Alex Boardman, Gary Delaney (Mr Sarah Millican) was on first, the second guy was ok but the headline was Stewart Francis, the Canadian pun-slinger. A great night of laughter

Very funny evening. The compere was 1 of the comics we saw last weekend, Alex Boardman, Gary Delaney (Mr Sarah Millican) was on first, the second guy was ok but the headline was Stewart Francis, the Canadian pun-slinger. A great night of laughter
I'm beginning to feel like I'm missing out!

I'm beginning to feel like I'm missing out!

Over the past few years things have really picked up around here, a few more venues have opened up and many now have a license so we have a lot more theatre and comedy shows. Every Feb is Dave's comedy festival and many big names come along and perform in small intimate venues, newbies come along and we have discovered a few gems. The landlord and landlady of our local have joined the listings so they put on a comedy show on the last Saturday of every month and have landed some big names so things are really good around here now and we thoroughly enjoy being a part of it all.

Purchased our tree today, Australian style. take your 4x4 into that field or that field there and find a tree. call me when you what it and I'll come and cut it down. follow back to shed (very large structure here) and it gets netted.

I'll post a picture tomorrow after I've been Christmas shopping in the Capital.

And the only other exciting news is that yesterday my broody chook found a brown snake in the chook house and attacked it! her and the 2 chicks are safe. not sure what happened to the brown snake, it was over 1 m long but had gone by the time I got to the chook house! no photos... no chance

Christmas puddings still need to be cooked because my request for something with a tight fitting lid to cook them in, air tight was the specific request, resulted in an Australian baine-marie. :o_o: I suppose it met the description but I had indicated that the pudding basins didn't have lids and was showed him what I was after... I'll try again tomorrow in town. then I'll adhoc it if needed!

Oh and I'm freezing today, it's dropped to 16C, due to be 12C overnight and I've had to sit under a blanket from around 18C at 6:30pm onwards. it's due to be our hottest day yet on Christmas day. 33C. it's weird it being December and summer. I can't get my head around it.

Just taken the dog for her morning walk - stumbling over the frozen muddy ruts. Yesterday had to almost chip the frost of the car in lumps - 31degC - bring it on !!! :sun:

But in three months it will be pushing 40 degC here!

When it's cold you can wear more clothes but when it's hot there is a limit (within public decency) to how many clothes you can take off.

I'm not complaining too much mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom