The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not stomach "boy bands" or even "girlie bands" come to that. Although "The Platters", "The Four Tops", "The Supremes" and "The Ronettes" etc. I never considered fit into those categories.

Notwithstanding that, I don't like hearing of people dying at such a young age.

Renewing my driver's licence tomorrow. Another complete waste of two hours!

This afternoon my family came here for tea, my 17 year old niece is at college learning baking. She made a Christmas cake and brought it with her. The icing was very hard but the cake itself was lovely, tasty, moist and the fruit was evenly distributed through the cake, for a first ever attempt she did a terrific job and we both told her so, I ate 2 pieces and we have a sizeable piece in the fridge for later.

P_20161226_173212.jpg

P_20161226_173655.jpg

Renewing my driver's licence tomorrow. Another complete waste of two hours!

Almost 3 hours but was reasonably painless. I'm now legal until end of 2021 (if I live that long).

[Edit: I even passed the depth perception test but I couldn't tell by how much. The examiner sits at the side and either ticks "pass" or "fail"]

Last edited:
Don't you have a right to live there because you are married to a Thai?

Not unless I speak, read and write Thai fluently and have a big wad of cash in the bank (some other countries should take heed). I could base my extended visa upon being married to a Thai but it's a more drawn out process so I base mine on my retirement.

The rules here are somewhat peculiar. If you are married to a Thai and/or responsible for a Thai child then you are permitted to stay in Thailand on a year by year basis (plus confirm your address every 90 days). For this permission you are required to have either an external income or monies in the bank amounting to c. US$ 13,000.00. If you are retired (50 years old or over) you are permitted to stay (but not work - not even voluntarily) on condition that you have an income of or monies in the bank of c. US$ 26,000.00. (the confirmation of address every 90 days also). There are also business, student and working "visas" and probably others of which I am unaware.

Also, as "aliens" we are required to report any overnight stay at other than our registered address within 24 hours, and thereafter report your return to your registered address if relevant. The owner of the establishment or house where you stay also has to register that an "alien" is residing there.

Luckily the beer and diesel are cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom