The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A glass of prosecco in the bar whilst we chose our food
Duck, ham and mango terrine with pickled baby vegetables, followed by,
Sea Bass with prawns and ribbon root vegetables in a shellfish foam, supported by a crisp Italian Pinot.
Finally a tonka bean brulee with raspberry sorbet and an almond tuile.
Coffee to finish.

We really like that place.

A glass of prosecco in the bar whilst we chose our food
Duck, ham and mango terrine with pickled baby vegetables, followed by,
Sea Bass with prawns and ribbon root vegetables in a shellfish foam, supported by a crisp Italian Pinot.
Finally a tonka bean brulee with raspberry sorbet and an almond tuile.
Coffee to finish.

We really like that place.
Just a quick snack then ?:whistling:

We do have cheese for later :hungry:

Ciabbata, blacksticks blue cheese, brie and pickle

P_20161230_194429.jpg

This evening we are going to a New Year's Eve party at our local pub. It is ticket only, when you book you are given a wrist band without it you can't get in, doors close at 8.30pm,on arrival you are given a glass of fizz and a voucher which can be redeamed against a burger or hotdog later in the evening. A live band in the function room then a live band in the marquee, the kitchen is open pretty much all the time the pub is open. We will have a bite to eat before we go and neither of us are heavy drinkers so won't be an expensive evening and it is only about a 3 minute walk so won't have to worry about transport.

Many, many, many years ago we used to go to a blues club called "The Threshhold" in Leeds. You paid 3 bob to go in which included egg or beefburger and chips on a cardboard plate. I first saw Hawkwind there so you can guess how long ago.

Last edited:
Many, many, many years ago we used to go to a blues club called "The Threshhold" in Leeds. You paid 3 bob to go in which included egg or beefburger and chips on a cardboard plate. I first saw Hawkwind there so you can guess how long ago.

And the year before I saw Jethro Tull at the "Farmer's Arms" on the Leeds - Bradford Road when they were paid 25 quid/night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom