The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1483264027964.jpg

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!

The party last night was great fun, 2 musicians in the marquee were good, band in the function room were good-doing cover versions of old songs, the main pub itself played no festive music, we chatted to friends people we don"t know so it was a relaxed environment. We had our burger with onions just after 11.30 then joined in the countdown. Neither of us drank much so were not hung over this morning. We were both looming forward to a walk today but the rain is pouring down the the wind is very strong so maybe not.

I remember the days when I loomed in the wind and heavy rain (St. Fergus 1985). Not a very pleasant memory although in 4 months when we will be experiencing 40 degC here, I may rescind that statement.

I think if I dipped my toes in the sea here, we'd be looking at amputation.
I know someone in Brighton who likes to swim in the sea on Christmas Day. I think its a bit of a tradition down there. He said that this year the council tried to ban it.

Long story short, on our second flight home from our holiday in the August there were not enough meals on the flight so we agreed to give ours to others in return we were given many packets if mixed nuts, we are now finishing off the last 2 packets and lovely they are too apart from the wasabi peas :yuck:

But the wasabi peas are my favourite.

More meat on the story. The airline Air Asia didn't have enough meal trays for the flight from Borneo to Hong Kong, so at the gate one of the staff approached us and explained the situation, would we be willing to give up our meal. Well we had recently eaten and were going to be fed on the following flight from HK to London so we were not hungry. The result was we were boarded before everyone else and whilst all the other passengers had to wait for the trolleys to come round we had full personal service for drinks and snacks which they piled on us. The other passengers kept looking at us trying to work out why we were getting this attention and they weren't, I'm sure some thought we must be some sort of celebraties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom