The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile can get a signal where the shop ones can't!
Huh? What do you mean by mobile and shop?
I have never heard of a shop radio wave.
I cannot get internet of any kind in that building. And unless I stand in exactly one spot and hold the cell phone in an exact way, it doesn't work either. Are you talking about a landline or wired?
Hello, mobile has many meanings. A shop is a building. I was talking radio waves. If one ran cables in a metal building then yes you could get internet. Unless a creature ate through the cable.

I dearly love people that try to correct when we aren't even talking about the same time.
Rather like people on other sites that swear you can get wifi and cell service everywhere. I so want to leave those people in one particular spot and tell them to use their cell phones or tablets to get home.
Guess what, it is at least a one day's walk to the nearest cell phone hotspot. And I could probably find more remote than that.

Huh? What do you mean by mobile and shop?
I have never heard of a shop radio wave.
I cannot get internet of any kind in that building. And unless I stand in exactly one spot and hold the cell phone in an exact way, it doesn't work either. Are you talking about a landline or wired?
Hello, mobile has many meanings. A shop is a building. I was talking radio waves. If one ran cables in a metal building then yes you could get internet. Unless a creature ate through the cable.

I dearly love people that try to correct when we aren't even talking about the same time.
Rather like people on other sites that swear you can get wifi and cell service everywhere. I so want to leave those people in one particular spot and tell them to use their cell phones or tablets to get home.
Guess what, it is at least a one day's walk to the nearest cell phone hotspot. And I could probably find more remote than that.
You'd call it a cell phone, I think. The shop is a pre-fab, concrete and steel.

I'll leave you be then!

FB_IMG_1483389562127.jpg

He'll have certain allocated tasks. Some things are better done oneself if I want to open the box next December and find everything in one piece!
It is the Twelfth Day of Christmas/Twelfth Night.

It very unlucky to take down the tree before 12th night....
More unlucky to leave them up after Twelfth Night though it would appear!
"Long ago it was thought that leaving the decorations up would cause a disaster. People believed that tree-spirits lived in the greenery (holy, ivy etc) they decorated their houses with. The greenery was brought into the house to provide a safe haven for the tree-spirits during the harsh midwinter days. Once this period was over it was necessary to return the greenery back outside to release the tree-spirits into the countryside once again. Failure to do this would mean that vegetation would not be able to start growing again (spring would not return), leading to an agricultural disaster.

It was also thought that, if you left the greenery in the house, the tree-spirits would cause mischief in the house until they were released.

Today people still feel uneasy about leaving the Christmas decorations up after Twelfth Night. Despite decorations now being made of foil or paper, and even though the tree-spirits are long forgotten, the superstition still survives."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom