The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. After my birthday, which is tomorrow, the Christmas countdown begins!
Do you have any special plans for tomorrow or was all the celebration this weekend? I am sure your hubby probably has to work, but maybe an early night out to dinner?

Nooooooo. My eyes are not meant to see such things until after Thanksgiving!!! :eek:

CD
Wait’ll you see what we bought - maybe put on some of those eclipse glasses to keep your retinas from getting burned out by too much Christmas!

Ok, home for the next four nights:

IMG_5381.jpeg
IMG_5379.jpeg
IMG_5380.jpeg
IMG_5377.jpeg

This would be a couple of steps up from last night - full tub in the bathroom instead of the shower kit, and made-to-order breakfast (not included in the price), and a little bar area there for a grownup drink.

As you can see, the motif is a little less kitsch.

Room pics:
IMG_6621.jpeg
IMG_6626.jpeg
IMG_6624.jpeg
IMG_5383.jpeg

Free cookies!

This room is about 230sf bigger than last night’s, but you don’t really notice it because of the bigger furniture.

Also, two queen beds in this room, and last night, it was one king. If we were moving to another hotel later, it’d probably be a queen (her) and trundle bed (me). :wink:

I like that much better!
I wish I’d gotten a pic of the Tru reception desk, I sort of liked how it was just plopped down in the middle of the hotel.

I liked the quirky design, except for all the primary colors. The room just had that one bright red table, but the common area…reds, blues, and bright yellows everywhere, made it feel like a daycare center.

They did have an automatic pancake maker, though. You waved your hand in front of it, and a nozzle plopped some batter down on a heated conveyor, and by the time it reached the end, it fell out fully cooked (at least, that was the idea) - it was straight out of one of those “Kitchens of Tomorrow” films from the 1950’s.

I wish I’d gotten a pic of the Tru reception desk, I sort of liked how it was just plopped down in the middle of the hotel.

I liked the quirky design, except for all the primary colors. The room just had that one bright red table, but the common area…reds, blues, and bright yellows everywhere, made it feel like a daycare center.

They did have an automatic pancake maker, though. You waved your hand in front of it, and a nozzle plopped some batter down on a heated conveyor, and by the time it reached the end, it fell out fully cooked (at least, that was the idea) - it was straight out of one of those “Kitchens of Tomorrow” films from the 1950’s.
Well the pancake maker sounds pretty cool.

Do you remember the hotel I stayed at (Marriott branded hotel) with the weird filling station wallpaper with UFOs and giraffes? Your other hotel had that feel to it. Yeah millennials likely loved it.

Christmas store purchases:

IMG_5395.jpeg

Those two little boxes on the left are incense for our German smokers.

IMG_5397.jpeg

Weisswurst sausages - we have to have these because we live in Cincy and (used to) belong to the club that put on a monthly weisswurstessen (morning sausage and beer buffet).

IMG_5398.jpeg

You can’t have German sausages without some German mustard!

IMG_5399.jpeg

German-made Queen Elizabeth nutcracker. Good addition to our collection.

IMG_5396.jpeg

Limited edition (I think only 500 made) German King Charles nutcracker, ears and all!

Do you have any special plans for tomorrow or was all the celebration this weekend? I am sure your hubby probably has to work, but maybe an early night out to dinner?
Not really but I am feeling very celebrated by everyone in my life. My husband took me out on thursday, saturday I had a high tea cooked by my best friend, and I have got an offer for paid lunch by another friend that I can take up whenever I want to. Then another two friends are soon going to dine with us and give us presents then, and I've got a medieval dress for the ren faire that I really wanted from my MIL.
So though all celebrations are seperate, I feel almost more celebrated than with a party!

Today however is not very interesting, it's my husband's first day of work after his holiday and the only difference to a normal day will be that I am cooking a special meal today. I'm making Rabbit in plum sauce with potato croquettes. And we have carrot cake for my birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom