The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really but I am feeling very celebrated by everyone in my life. My husband took me out on thursday, saturday I had a high tea cooked by my best friend, and I have got an offer for paid lunch by another friend that I can take up whenever I want to. Then another two friends are soon going to dine with us and give us presents then, and I've got a medieval dress for the ren faire that I really wanted from my MIL.
So though all celebrations are seperate, I feel almost more celebrated than with a party!

Today however is not very interesting, it's my husband's first day of work after his holiday and the only difference to a normal day will be that I am cooking a special meal today. I'm making Rabbit in plum sauce with potato croquettes. And we have carrot cake for my birthday.
Happy birthday to you!

Waitin’ on breakfast:
IMG_5404.jpeg
IMG_5405.jpeg

IMG_5410.jpeg

Windigo - here’s your costume for your next fantasy fair! :wink:
IMG_5408.jpeg

Had a follow up for my busted hand today. Good news - it’s a very minor fracture, you can barely even see it on the x-ray.

It was mildly displaced, so the nice doctor pressed on it a bit, then gave me some local anaesthetic to numb it a bit. Then, he had to move the bones back into place. OW. Pretty close to the worst pain I’ve ever experienced, even with the numbing I almost passed out 😳

Got a nice pink cast put on after that, and the cast only needs to be on for 3 weeks! Yaaaaay! I’m so thrilled it’s a short time (when I did my ankle last year it was 6 weeks in a cast and 10 completely non weight bearing).

Had a follow up for my busted hand today. Good news - it’s a very minor fracture, you can barely even see it on the x-ray.

It was mildly displaced, so the nice doctor pressed on it a bit, then gave me some local anaesthetic to numb it a bit. Then, he had to move the bones back into place. OW. Pretty close to the worst pain I’ve ever experienced, even with the numbing I almost passed out 😳

Got a nice pink cast put on after that, and the cast only needs to be on for 3 weeks! Yaaaaay! I’m so thrilled it’s a short time (when I did my ankle last year it was 6 weeks in a cast and 10 completely non weight bearing).
Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Pretzel stop:

IMG_5415.jpeg
IMG_5416.jpeg

IMG_6669.jpeg

Our first Christmas after dating, I was at MrsT’s house when her dad came home with a big tin: “Revonah pretzels! Hanover spelled backwards! Hanover, Pennsylvania! Family Christmas tradition!”

When I separated from the service, we came through here on the way to Minnesota and stopped at the bakery - this little hovel in a back alley in Hanover.

Best pretzels I’ve ever had, anywhere. You know how I brag on our German bakery pretzels in Cincy, made by a family of bakers who go back to Germany to train?

Those pretzels are awesome; these pretzels are better.

We bought a bag of heavy salted broken pieces, a bag of extra-darks broken pieces, and a soft pretzel to share.

We just sat in the alley, ripping off hunks of salty, warm, yeasty soft pretzel, and it was so good, MrsT started to cry.

“God, I love this place!”

“That, darlin’, is why we’re not moving to Florida; I’ve never seen you shed a tear over Florida!”

Pretzel stop:

View attachment 103586View attachment 103587
View attachment 103588

Our first Christmas after dating, I was at MrsT’s house when her dad came home with a big tin: “Revonah pretzels! Hanover spelled backwards! Hanover, Pennsylvania! Family Christmas tradition!”

When I separated from the service, we came through here on the way to Minnesota and stopped at the bakery - this little hovel in a back alley in Hanover.

Best pretzels I’ve ever had, anywhere. You know how I brag on our German bakery pretzels in Cincy, made by a family of bakers who go back to Germany to train?

We bought a bag of heavy salted broken pieces, a bag of extra-darks broken pieces, and a soft pretzel to share.

We just sat in the alley, ripping off hunks of salty, warm, yeasty soft pretzel, and it was so good, MrsT started to cry.

“That, darlin’, is why we’re not moving to Florida; I’ve never seen you shed a tear over Florida!”
I want some :cry:nobody sells fresh pretzels here!

Pretzel stop:

View attachment 103586View attachment 103587
View attachment 103588

A lot better prices than that lame duck place you went to the other day that charged $12 for one pretzel. And I am so glad they taste good! I love a fresh, soft pretzel dipped in gooey fake cheese sauce with mustard. I know, a bit weird, but hey...never claimed otherwise.

Good to hear it. Like I said before, my broken hand healed really fast. I just had one of those velcro on splint/brace things.

The worst broken bone of my life was the pinky toe on my left foot. You don't realize how important toes are until you break one. I would get occasional jolts of significant pain in that toe six months after I broke it.

CD

A "cold" front came through this morning. It only got to about 95F/35C today. We have a couple of days reprieve from the 100-plus heat, but then it comes back with a vengeance.

1692054381601.png

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom