The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOA!
It’s been a time here in Cowboyville Arizona USA.
I appreciate everyone’s concern for my absence, truly.
I won’t bore you all with the gory details, I’ll just say that I have been very ill for the past two months. I’m still recovering and haven’t got much energy physically or mentally for very much at one time.
My Dearest Husband has been taking care of our day-to-day living and he’s doing a terrific job of it too!
I hope to be back to at least half-speed soon and get posting here again … not that I’m cooking anything yet.
MAHALO! Thank you all.
Well, I made it out the other end, sorta-kinda ... I still have more procedures to come, but the big stuff, I hope, is behind me.
I have some energy, but still need to go slow. I work on prepping a meal a bit at a time, so it does take a good part of my day to put it all together.
I also still can't eat many things. I need to eat several very small meals a day and drink a protein shake.
But we'll get there, hook or by crook!

My father gave me a lovely birthday present 😊 The book of Dr Carolus Battus is one of the earliest Medieval cookbooks ever bundled in the Netherlands! So a lovely addition to my collection.
20230815_132954.jpg

You know you’re in Pennsylvania when the lead story on the local morning news is a barn fire.
At least it's not local road closures because of the travelling stock reserves are actually in use for taking cattle or sheep from A to B by foot. (The road we live in is one such road.)

And the novelty of artificial insemination adverts for improving the quality of your sheep's wool is wearing thin. As are the adverts for sheep pregnancy tests. :laugh:

And the novelty of artificial insemination adverts for improving the quality of your sheep's wool is wearing thin. As are the adverts for sheep pregnancy tests. :laugh:

One of the farms where we get meat a few miles from our house…small “shop,” just a few floor/chest refrigerated cases and a cobbled-together counter where the credit card machine is, and when you open the front door and walk in, the first thing you’ll see is a giant sign, about 8’ X 6’ white with bright blue lettering, that says
“FRESH BULL SEMEN HERE!!!”

:laugh:

I bought our guinea boy a bag of 'greens', cabbage leaves basically, gave him a leaf for his breakfast this morning, could barely hear the news for the crunching...the leaves are bigger than he is :laugh:

Argh. I really thought I was doing well staying positive despite the broken hand, but today I’m one week out from the injury and I am in an incredibly foul mood.

Just so frustrated - everything takes 3 times as long and it’s not even my dominant hand! Argh. I kinda want to punch something, but with my luck I’d probably end up with a boxer’s fracture.

Just so frustrated - everything takes 3 times as long and it’s not even my dominant hand! Argh. I kinda want to punch something, but with my luck I’d probably end up with a boxer’s fracture.
Take it easy. I fractured my thumb in two places, some 25 years ago. Yes, dominant hand. Drove me mad for a week or so, but hey, what 'ya gonna do? :D :D

Argh. I really thought I was doing well staying positive despite the broken hand, but today I’m one week out from the injury and I am in an incredibly foul mood.

I liked the velcro cast/brace I had, because I was able to take it off to shower, or to perform low impact tasks -- like type on a computer keyboard.

Maybe after a couple of weeks, your doctor can switch you to something like that. It looked very similar to this...

1692239248248.png

CD

I liked the velcro cast/brace I had, because I was able to take it off to shower, or to perform low impact tasks -- like type on a computer keyboard.

Maybe after a couple of weeks, your doctor can switch you to something like that. It looked very similar to this...

View attachment 103745

CD
I’m really hoping so! I have the cast for 3 weeks, and I have the fingers on my other hand crossed that once it comes off I can move into something more comfortable. Even showering is annoying right now - I need to get my husband to wash my hair for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom