The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to buy new trousers and shoes for work but to be honest I really dislike shopping, refuse to do online because I like to see what I am buying plus if it isn't right then it is such a pain to arrange to send back, just have to grit my teeth and deal with it.

Interesting little bit - the couple we happened to sit next to at breakfast…the wife is from our hometown and visit it frequently, even though they’re retired in Oklahoma.

It was kind of strange, in a good way, hearing her mention hometown current events (like a new diner opening), with lots of details.

They retired to... Oklahoma? :eek:

CD

Well, that was interesting. We had a blackout, the shop floor have roof lights, the office do not...pitch black apart from a few torches on phones.

We had a blackout Tuesday night for about an hour, and the power blinks off for about a second last night. The street lights on my street never came back on after last night's blip.

CD

we're having like the most autumn you can imagine.
temps are at 50f/10C, it's raining lightly almost every day and it's windy

It poured down rain again last night. The reports say two to three inches in the area. We needed that, desperately. We were down 14 inches for the year before this week. We have more rain expected tonight, and into the weekend

The highway temperatures for early next week are supposed to be in the 50F/10C range.

The World Series starts in Dallas on Friday. The Rangers have a stadium with a sliding roof, so the weather doesn't matter.

1698351986856.png

CD

They retired to... Oklahoma? :eek:

CD
Yeah, he’s retired Air Force, and his last assignment was in OK, so that’s where they stayed. He’s originally from CA, met his wife when he was stationed at the base that used to be just outside Wilmington (now occupied by Amazon).

I’ve been to all the bars on the ship (I even stuck my head in the stanky cee-gar lounge), and this is my favorite one, despite my intense dislike of most jazz :laugh: :

IMG_6445.jpeg
IMG_6446.jpeg
IMG_6447.jpeg

I love art deco more than any other design style, even more than gothic, even more than ‘70’s pop design (yeah, that’s a real thing!), and this bar is always quiet, so I’ve been spending a good amount of time here, while everyone else is tripping over themselves in the main area.

I’ve been to all the bars on the ship (I even stuck my head in the stanky cee-gar lounge), and this is my favorite one, despite my intense dislike of most jazz :laugh: :

View attachment 106411View attachment 106412View attachment 106413

I love art deco more than any other design style, even more than gothic, even more than ‘70’s pop design (yeah, that’s a real thing!), and this bar is always quiet, so I’ve been spending a good amount of time here, while everyone else is tripping over themselves in the main area.

On my cruise, I ended every evening in the Cigar Bar. There were only a few people there, so I got to know the bartender well.

Also... I like jazz. 🎷

CD

On my cruise, I ended every evening in the Cigar Bar. There were only a few people there, so I got to know the bartender well.

Also... I like jazz. 🎷

CD
Judging from what I saw today, the cigar smokers have been dislodged by the ciggie brigade - it was full of cigarette smokers.

I need to buy new trousers and shoes for work but to be honest I really dislike shopping, refuse to do online because I like to see what I am buying plus if it isn't right then it is such a pain to arrange to send back, just have to grit my teeth and deal with it.

Got the trousers so now need shoes...why is it so difficult.

Got the trousers so now need shoes...why is it so difficult.
MrsT has a terrible time with shoes - she says one foot is bigger than the other and she has a huge bunion on one food and no instep.

Good luck, you’re halfway there!

Judging from what I saw today, the cigar smokers have been dislodged by the ciggie brigade - it was full of cigarette smokers.

I had a few of those in "my" cigar bar on the ship, but the bar was large, with not many people, so I didn't have to smell cheap cigarette tobacco smoke.

Funny story. One evening, the ship was passing through 20-foot seas, and even though it was one of the largest cruise ships (at that time), it was quite rocky. I was fine, from my years owning boats. The bartender at the cigar bar was a bit :o_o:. I left the bar for few minutes, went to the little store on the ship, and got him some non-medicated motion sickness relievers.:laugh:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom