The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just different strokes for different folks.
Yeah, you're right. I can't imagine anything more boring than being in a spa. Never been to one, never want to go, but then people think I'm really wierd because I like to watch cricket and sit in the garden to watch birds and butterflies :D :D

Haven’t been posting much on here, just super busy lately.

Work’s been a bit nuts, but the rest of my office is off to a conference in Boston, with little old me left behind. I told my boss this was my opportunity to finally rule the office with an iron fist!

I’m also finally able to cook again - my fingers are still very stiff (I do physio twice a week), but I have enough mobility to chop a vegetable or two. I hope I’ll be able to start posting here more frequently again.

Matthew Perry, Star of Friends died today at age 54

I never got into Friends, but it is sad. Too young.

Another actor, Richard Moll, who played the iconic character Bull Shannon on Night Court, died Friday, at age 80.

1698611796372.png

CD

Yeah, you're right. I can't imagine anything more boring than being in a spa. Never been to one, never want to go, but then people think I'm really wierd because I like to watch cricket and sit in the garden to watch birds and butterflies :D :D

Ohhhhh, I love a good massage. 😍 It's been a while. My ex-wife and I went together to a spa a couple times per year.

CD

It's dove season, and people are hunting in the field near my house. You cn dove hunt in Frisco as long as you are 200 feet from any structure, and 300 feet from a school. :facepalm:

I'm hearing shotguns right now, but at least I'm not waking up to them at the crack of dawn.

CD

Ohhhhh, I love a good massage. 😍 It's been a while. My ex-wife and I went together to a spa a couple times per year.

CD
Just had one this week. A friend’s daughter became a massage therapist a few years ago. She is self employed at this spa. Winona and I buy each other gift certificates for special occasions throughout the year to support her.

Sunday at Walmart... always an adventure. The real Walmart shoppers come out in droves on Sunday afternoons.

In addition, looks like someone got a new car. I guess they didn't want any door dings. It's cold, windy and rainy, and this nimrod takes two spaces, and near the doors to the store.

1698621831502.jpeg

If they keep doing this, somebody is going to key their new Chevy.

CD

I'd planned to have a relaxing day, cook a bit, tidy up the kitchen garden, etc after a long dinner service last night.
I'd just finished my first mug of Assam tea this morning, about 6.30am, got up to get another one, tripped over the leg of my desk, fell backwards and smashed in the bookshelf. Would have been alright if I'd crashed my head (nothing much there any more) but the shelf hit me smack bang in the middle of my right kidney. I don't think I've ever had such an excruciating pain.
Bit better now (9pm) thanks to some potent painkillers, but not something to try at home :hyper:

Sunday at Walmart... always an adventure. The real Walmart shoppers come out in droves on Sunday afternoons.

In addition, looks like someone got a new car. I guess they didn't want any door dings. It's cold, windy and rainy, and this nimrod takes two spaces, and near the doors to the store.

View attachment 106535

If they keep doing this, somebody is going to key their new Chevy.

CD
On days I’m feeling frisky, I park up nice and cozy to folks who do that. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom