The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd planned to have a relaxing day, cook a bit, tidy up the kitchen garden, etc after a long dinner service last night.
I'd just finished my first mug of Assam tea this morning, about 6.30am, got up to get another one, tripped over the leg of my desk, fell backwards and smashed in the bookshelf. Would have been alright if I'd crashed my head (nothing much there any more) but the shelf hit me smack bang in the middle of my right kidney. I don't think I've ever had such an excruciating pain.
Bit better now (9pm) thanks to some potent painkillers, but not something to try at home :hyper:
I’m guessing you’ve got a helluva bruise. Feeling any better today?

I made a rookie mistake:
IMG_3237.JPG

I bought this 5+ pound bag of candy, meant for Halloween at the beginning of October, Halloween is October 31st.
IMG_3289.JPG

Today is October 30th ... :watching:
It's a good thing that I went back to Costco and bought another bag!!!
🙃

We’re having a nightcap and the house band just played “Stumblin’ In,” “Lost in Love,” and “Islands in the Stream” back-to-back - wait a minute…did MrsT slip them my “Sweet Sweet Lovin’” mix tape?

It's dove season, and people are hunting in the field near my house. You cn dove hunt in Frisco as long as you are 200 feet from any structure, and 300 feet from a school. :facepalm:

I'm hearing shotguns right now, but at least I'm not waking up to them at the crack of dawn.

CD
Why are they hunting doves?

Why are they hunting doves?

It is a popular sport in Texas. You can eat them, but it takes a bunch of them to make a meal. There's not much meat. I only went dove hunting once, and they are challenging to hunt (similar to quail hunting), but I gave my doves to another hunter, so he'd have enough to make a meal. :laugh:

CD

Lionel Messi won the price for the best football player for the 8th time yesterday. Cristiano Ronaldo has won it 5 times and they're still going on. Another big name in football history Johan Cruyff once said Messi could win that title 7 times easily if he wants, not many did believe him.

Lionel Messi won the price for the best football player for the 8th time yesterday. Cristiano Ronaldo has won it 5 times and they're still going on. Another big name in football history Johan Cruyff once said Messi could win that title 7 times easily if he wants, not many did believe him.

Next time Messi plays here in Frisco, I need to go and watch.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom