The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've to admit Messi didn't deserve all these 8 titles and I'm a Messi fan boy. They should have give him something like a statue or something else, cause there were years where he defeated the second best player with a record gap in points.

Lionel Messi won the price for the best football player for the 8th time yesterday.
I'm sorry to say the Balon D'Or judges are a bunch of bootlickers. Messi is a phenomenal footballer, but he had a very regular PSG season and was nowhere near the best on the planet. Some people say he'll win the Balon D'Or the year after he retires.

We are soooo tired of hearing about Messi. You would NOT believe all the hoopla that has been happening about him since he came here to play.

We are soooo tired of hearing about Messi. You would NOT believe all the hoopla that has been happening about him since he came here to play.
Don’t worry, as soon as Taylor Swift comes to town, it’ll be “Messi? What’s a Messi?” :laugh:

Don't worry, with 36 a footballers career is almost done:D
Even people like Kobe Bryant or Stephen Curry admired him

Our hotel room in Rome:

IMG_6636.jpeg

We’re making up for those single beds, Morning Glory - though I think we can get farther apart in this one big one! :laugh:

IMG_6637.jpeg
IMG_6638.jpeg
IMG_6640.jpeg
IMG_6642.jpeg

A proper bidet, which will be nice after the sand toilet paper on the ship. 😣

IMG_6641.jpeg

Welcome snack and wine!

Well in the next hour, we start the long journey back home. We've both got streaming colds and I've got a chest infection just to add to the fun.

First night, at hotel at Manchester airport with a 7am check-in time, but we'll check the hold luggage in tonight.

We won't be home until Saturday afternoon assuming we actually manage to make the transit in Tokyo. It's a little on the tight side timewise.

Last edited:
It's noon on the first Wednesday of the month, so the tornado sirens are wailing all over North Texas -- and dogs are howling in response. :laugh:

CD

Well in the next hour, we start the long journey back home. We've both got streaming colds and I've got a cheast infection just to add to the fun.

First night, at hotel at Manchester airport with a 7am check-in time, but we'll check the hold luggage in tonight.

We won't be home until Saturday afternoon assuming we actually manage to make the transit in Tokyo. It's a little on the tight side timewise.
From someone who hates traveling (and who is heading back day after tomorrow…but will get home the same day they leave), have a quiet, safe, uneventful trip back home.

From someone who hates traveling (and who is heading back day after tomorrow…but will get home the same day they leave), have a quiet, safe, uneventful trip back home.
Thanks. It's the hanging around in the UK that takes the time. At least we have business lounge access at Heathrow, (once we've left Manchester) and we know we can eat there easily as well, so just got 6hrs to kill there. A good time to have a shower!

Once we're in the air we've 2 long flights (14 hrs & 9hrs) with little time in-between them. We land in Sydney local time around 6am, retrieve the car and have an easy (ish) 3½hr drive home going from motorway (slip road onto it is inside the tunnel!), to freeway, to highway, to single track tarmac to single track dirt road... I guess we'll have to stop off some where to buy some basic supplies or cope. There's no supermarket delivery where we live, as you're aware.

Then we can collapse and try to recover... I think I'll be using the freezer food a lot if there hasn't been a power cut whilst we've been away. But I'll get yoghurt on the go immediately. It takes 48hrs to get to the way we like it!

And best wishes with your travels.
Thanks - ours are something like a 10-hour flight, then a two hour flight, then about 75 minutes drive home.

We may or may not have access to the lounge in Rome - no one at Delta can tell us for sure, but we’re not going to be in the airport terribly long. We won’t have access in NY, but we don’t like the lounge there anyway! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom