The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know those days when the immigration minister resigned because the bill he is tasked with passing through Parliament is not illegal enough for him? That.
At least we don't have Marjorie Taylor Green.:o_o:

Perhaps your immigration minister just needs to loosen up a bit. I suggest we send Lauren Boebert over to help. They can go to a play together.

CD

Perhaps your immigration minister just needs to loosen up a bit. I suggest we send Lauren Boebert over to help. They can go to a play together.

CD
They would get on. Just for background, there is a children's immigration facility in Kent, where young unaccompanied children fleeing wars were homed whilst their cases were processed. Our Immigration minister ordered that cartoon murals on the walls were painted over because they looked "too welcoming". He is an utter....

They would get on. Just for background, there is a children's immigration facility in Kent, where young unaccompanied children fleeing wars were homed whilst their cases were processed. Our Immigration minister ordered that cartoon murals on the walls were painted over because they looked "too welcoming". He is an utter....

I take it you haven't heard Trump's plans for illegal immigrants if he is re-elected? :eek:

CD

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/11/poli...-immigration-detention-deportation/index.html

Today we had pizza for lunch, 5 between 10 people. 1 ham and pineapple, 2 veggie, 1 hot and spicy and 1 meat feast from Dominoes. If TVC and I have one then it is from Pizza Hut as a branch is just across the road, Dominoes were better as they are not oily as Pizza Hut can be.

Today we had pizza for lunch, 5 between 10 people. 1 ham and pineapple, 2 veggie, 1 hot and spicy and 1 meat feast from Dominoes. If TVC and I have one then it is from Pizza Hut as a branch is just across the road, Dominoes were better as they are not oily as Pizza Hut can be.

Well, sounds like you had four actual pizzas.

CD :D

Seriously, what kind of dip💩 schedules me for a 9AM meeting on my first day back from vacation, and in the meeting, doesn’t even say what it’s about?!?!

But wait, it gets better… 🙄

As soon as I saw it, about 8:50AM, I immediately proposed a new time, mentioned I was just back from vacation, and asked him to please provide some context as to what we were meeting about, beyond just “Logfiles.”

9AM - he contacted me on our collaboration platform, and I thought, “Oh well, he must not have seen my email requesting a new time.”

Nope. He’d seen it. He wanted to tell me he’d seen it, then asked if we could meet anyway. 🤦🏻‍♂️

No, that’s why I proposed a new time, which is what I told him again.

Wait, it gets even better.

“Ok, thanks. I only need three minutes.” - and he called me! WTF?!?!

I immediately declined the call and told him again, “I can’t meet right now, please note the new time I proposed, and let me know what this is about, we may not even need to meet, if you only need three minutes.”

Wait, still more better.

A few minutes later, I saw the acceptance of the new time come through, and for clarification, he left the subject as “Logfiles,” and added a line in the description that said…here it comes…ready?…”I want to meet about logfiles.”

😐

I found this picture in my dad's chest of drawers. It proves that I really did go to college (uni), and graduated. :laugh:

1701984403183.jpeg

BTW, the school changed names in 1985 to The University of North Texas.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom