• March 3.8mm
  • April with 126.0mm
  • May 30.7mm
  • June 53.9mm
  • July 26.1mm
  • August 60.0mm
  • September 19.3mm
  • October 43.1mm

That's only 446.2mmmm of rain since the start of the year.

It rained!
And November now has a total of 124.9mm of rain. Our wettest month since April. The tanks are almost full again so we shouldn't have to buy water in this summer.

Screenshot_20231129_231740_Ecowitt.jpg

Until now, from the 1st January, we'd only had 446.2mm of rain. Over the last 36hrs we've had 124.9mm. That's some 22% of the yearly total in 36hrs! :phew:

(Ignore the yearly total, it isn't. It's actually the total rainfall the gauge has recorded since new for some peculiar reason. )

Make sure you keep an eye on them. About a month ago, a subcontractor company laying new cable lines decided they were going to lay the cable lines wherever it was easy and convenient, whether it was on private or public land, whether they had permission or not, and whether they had permits or not. They made the news because affected homeowners were PI$$ED! They made the news again a couple of days ago because the city and county made them dig the lines back up, fix the damage and lay the lines where they were supposed to in the first place.

Frisco added a Right of Way Enforcement Department after AT&Ts previous contractor hit too many gas lines, and the ROW Enforcement trucks come out and inspect work being done to make sure it is done according to codes.

They are still making a mess of a lot of front yards, but luckily not mine. But, I still have to look at my neighbor's yards.

I just want them to finish, and get out of here. The neighborhood will probably take six months or so to look normal again.

CD

A heavy frost over night, paths and roads are very slippery so came in with TVC, don't want to risk broken bones.

Rain today. Not a good soaking rain (so far), just a light rain that makes spray form the tires nice and dirty and clingy. That means the out side of your car gets filthy -- including the windows.

CD

Update: It was a very light rain falling all day. Not enough to do much, but enough to get everything wet and muddy.

The horizontal boring is now done on my street, and no gas lines broken. :bravo: But, they made a big mess, and the light rain just made it worse -- there's muddy footprints and tire marks everywhere.

Looking West from my driveway...

1701415309662.jpeg

Only one hole dug in my yard. I can't wait to remove all those ugly marker flags.

1701415373449.jpeg

CD

Our new printer, a black Friday purchase, was delivered this morning.

20231202_142634.jpg

The old one was 16 years old or so, came to us free 12 years ago. It only just fitted onto the top of the filing cabinet, so I was very surprised to find that this one fitted because the old one was an A4 printer. This new one is an A3 printer. One of the reasons I got such a good deal on it. The old printer was 47cm wide, by 37cm deep and 17cm high. The new one is same base (47cm by 37cm) but 19cm high because it has a document feeder. I do have a need for A3 printing from time to time, and usually have to get hubby to print it off at work and bring it home. A3 will see very little use, but it saved me $250 because people don't want A3 inkjets at the moment. And it came with 2 complete sets of (standard sized) ink, and various paper samples.

Morning Glory you'll like this feature, I can even print fingernails on it (just don't ask me how!). I don't think that's a function that will see the light of day in this household though! And I got sent a few packet of magnetic printing paper... I can redecorate the fridge!

The inks come in 3 sizes, so once I'm through the freebies, I'll move over to the XXL tanks. I probably won't use a complete set of inks each year in that size!

The only reason the old one is now defunct is that the waste ink tanks are full and I can no longer buy even Chinese replacement parts for what was a UK printer, now living in Australia.

(We only got through 1-2 inks cartridges of each colour a year, so the old printer was AU $120 is a complete set (£60). The new is around $170 for the XXL size.)

If the new one lasts half as long, I'll be happy.

Bye bye old printer. You served me well, but your time is up at 16 years!
20231202_143049.jpg

Our new printer, a black Friday purchase, was delivered this morning.

View attachment 107600

The old one was 16 years old or so, came to us free 12 years ago. It only just fitted onto the top of the filing cabinet, so I was very surprised to find that this one fitted because the old one was an A4 printer. This new one is an A3 printer. One of the reasons I got such a good deal on it. The old printer was 47cm wide, by 37cm deep and 17cm high. The new one is same base (47cm by 37cm) but 19cm high because it has a document feeder. I do have a need for A3 printing from time to time, and usually have to get hubby to print it off at work and bring it home. A3 will see very little use, but it saved me $250 because people don't want A3 inkjets at the moment. And it came with 2 complete sets of (standard sized) ink, and various paper samples.

Morning Glory you'll like this feature, I can even print fingernails on it (just don't ask me how!). I don't think that's a function that will see the light of day in this household though! And I got sent a few packet of magnetic printing paper... I can redecorate the fridge!

The inks come in 3 sizes, so once I'm through the freebies, I'll move over to the XXL tanks. I probably won't use a complete set of inks each year in that size!

The only reason the old one is now defunct is that the waste ink tanks are full and I can no longer buy even Chinese replacement parts for what was a UK printer, now living in Australia.

(We only got through 1-2 inks cartridges of each colour a year, so the old printer was AU $120 is a complete set (£60). The new is around $170 for the XXL size.)

If the new one lasts half as long, I'll be happy.

Bye bye old printer. You served me well, but your time is up at 16 years!
View attachment 107601

I went through a bunch of printers, because the ink cartridges became hard to find, and were stupid expensive.

My current HP printer has ink tanks that you just refill with ink from a bottle. I've had it at least a year, and have yet to refill any of the ink tanks. I'm not sure if HP printers are even available down under... or even in Europe.

CD

I went through a bunch of printers, because the ink cartridges became hard to find, and were stupid expensive.

My current HP printer has ink tanks that you just refill with ink from a bottle. I've had it at least a year, and have yet to refill any of the ink tanks. I'm not sure if HP printers are even available down under... or even in Europe.

CD
HP is worldwide, but it wasn't what I was after.
I also don't need tank printers. Given in a HP trained printer engineer, it's something in familiar with and a mid range Canon exceeds my needs, though I do miss my photographic A3 printer which this isn't. But I don't really print my own A3 prints and sell them any more so it's hardly relevant to my needs either.

Bitterly cold here today so staying in for the rest of the day.
Been to the pet store so that is our 2 sorted now until the new year.
Our groceries sorted for the week so no need to go anywhere.

I love my Epson ecotank. It’s really good on ink.

i have been thinking about buying one of those
I bought it for Christmas present to me in 2016. I have only refilled the black tank two times (after original tank) and haven't refilled the color ones at all. And I print A LOT of stuff.

our printer is near our heater and we can't seem to keep ink in it, they dry up fast but there is no other place to put it but maybe with a larger tank they wouldn't dry out so fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom