The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is forecast to go below freezing (32F/0C) overnight Sun/Mon, and I won't be home to cover my big pepper plant. 😱

CD

20231125_095424.jpg

The officer Mr. Chauvin who killed Floyd was stabbed by an inmate, he probably tried to kill him. I'm against killing and unnecessary violence and I like how the pro black community reacts to death and I hope they'll say something against Chauvins inmate.

The officer Mr. Chauvin who killed Floyd was stabbed by an inmate, he probably tried to kill him. I'm against killing and unnecessary violence and I like how the pro black community reacts to death and I hope they'll say something against Chauvins inmate.

For those confused, Police Officer Chauvin was the guy who killed George Floyd by kneeling on his neck on a street for almost ten minutes until Mr Floyd died of asphyxiation. He was convicted of murder. Cops don't have any friends in US prisons. The prisons usually keep them away from the General Population areas for their own safety.

CD

For those confused, Police Officer Chauvin was the guy who killed George Floyd by kneeling on his neck on a street for almost ten minutes until Mr Floyd died of asphyxiation. He was convicted of murder. Cops don't have any friends in US prisons. The prisons usually keep them away from the General Population areas for their own safety.

CD
I don't usually comment on these issues, BUT I think he got what he deserved.

Thanks for explaining CD
Im just asking for my European brain, why do many Americans believe violence should be punished with violence?

Thanks for explaining CD
Im just asking for my European brain, why do many Americans believe violence should be punished with violence?

It's not so much that -- for most of us. For most of us, it is just that when someone who murdered someone else (especially in heinous way, as with George Floyd's murder) get's hurt or killed, we don't feel sorry for the murderer. It's Karma at work.

CD

It is, but isn't it our goal as Christians to stop killing each other? I'm not a boss who wants to tell other how to behave, I just try to understand why we can't stop killing. Therapists say we may need therapy from 6yo for the rest of our live, but who knows as what kind of monsters we would end up

It's not so much that -- for most of us. For most of us, it is just that when someone who murdered someone else (especially in heinous way, as with George Floyd's murder) get's hurt or killed, we don't feel sorry for the murderer. It's Karma at work.

CD
ESPECIALLY when the murderer is in law enforcement.

I doubt very much that Chauvin will see the end of his prison term. First of all, he was a cop, and cops in jail are hated and despised ALL across the world. Secondly, he wilfully killed an innocent black guy, and since about 33% of the prison population in the US is black, he'll spend the rest of his days looking over his shoulder.
My brother worked as a Prison chef for 5 years or so. He said that prisoners who (1) are ex cops (2) who are convicted rapists (3) are paedophiles are targeted in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom