The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised Mr Chauvin is still alive.
My understanding of segregation is there is still no real protection.
In the UK whole life sentences are rare. There are currently only 67 and because there are only 7 maximum security prisons in Britain they have to spend most of their day in a cell and only rub shoulders with the worse humanity has to offer.

Being held in this way knowing they will never see a tree or drive a car or be with loved ones ever again means depression sets in and suicide is common, suicide watch involves having a torch shone on you every 15 minutes through the night. A lot of people would much rather be dead.

Wayne Couzens is on suicide watch and has already been hospitalised twice after somehow sustaining head injuries. Ian Brady came into the hospital where I was on an ophthalmology placement as a student because someone stabbed him in the eye with a felt tip pen. Burning, scalding, beating are common tortures they will endure until they die. It’s pretty hideous stuff!

I also did a placement in Broadhurst which was a psychiatric hospital which took in murderers who weren’t considered a further risk (they usually murdered their own families) it was the step down from Broadmoor (a high security psychiatric hospital) that opened in the 1800’s - an asylum for “lunatic criminals” they sent me along for a sample.
Brrrrrr. I don’t know how people work there. The cold glassy animal eyes on most of the inmates made me want to run away as fast as possible, that felt like a very long day!

Air raid sirens cover a very very large area surrounding Broadmoor and when they went off everyone essentially went in and locked their doors until news spread they’d been caught or enough time elapse that everyone assumed they would be far away!

It is, but isn't it our goal as Christians to stop killing each other? I'm not a boss who wants to tell other how to behave, I just try to understand why we can't stop killing. Therapists say we may need therapy from 6yo for the rest of our live, but who knows as what kind of monsters we would end up

Don't forget, the guy who stabbed Chauvin was an inmate in the prison, not a guard or other official. Also, Chauvin would not have any worries about being attacked in prison had he not chosen to kill a man.

Again, just because people don't feel sympathy for Chauvin being stabbed, it does not mean we condone the actions of his assailant.

CD

I'd like you all to meet my new companion, Lord of the Dirt, 1st Baron of Cleanliness, Destroyer of the Filth, He of the vacuum and the mop, who is descended upon us to keep the mess at bay.

We brought him home yesterday and so far he's done the exact opposite thing of what we hired him for, since we sent him on a mapping expedition so he'd recognize the house, and all he did was collect all the dirt and filth that was laying around and gather it in clumps of dust for us to manually vacuum.

We are sending it on another expedition today and hope it doesn't get too distracted mapping our 753sq feet home.

1701076708629.png

Last edited:
I'd like you all to meet my new companion, Lord of the Dirt, 1st Baron of Cleanliness, Destroyer of the Filth, He of the vacuum and the mop, who is descended upon us to keep the mess at bay.

We brought him home yesterday and so far he's done the exact opposite thing of what we hired him for, since we sent him on a mapping expedition so he'd recognize the house, and all he did was collect all the dirt and filth that was laying around and gather it in clumps of dust for us to manually vacuum.

We are sending it on another expedition today and hope it doesn't get too distracted mapping our 753sq feet home.

View attachment 107495

I tried one of those once. It died a horrible death when it got to the stairs. :eek::laugh:

CD

Yesterday I went to Walgreens and got my COVID-19, flu, and RSV vaccines. both arms are a bit tender.

I did the flu and Covid shots at the same time. The Covid arm hurt more than the flu arm -- I am a side sleeper.

BTW, I am glad I got the Covid booster, as I spent about an hour at my dad's bedside on Friday, and found out later that day that he has Covid. It's been over 48 hours, and no symptoms, so far.

CD

I tried one of those once. It died a horrible death when it got to the stairs. :eek::laugh:

CD
Luckily we don't have stairs :laugh: We had it vacuuming today and it did a nice job. It still hasn't mapped the kitchen and bathroom properly and it gets a bit confused on the corridor where its home station is. But it's alright, I sometimes get lost inside our mansion too.

I did the flu and Covid shots at the same time. The Covid arm hurt more than the flu arm -- I am a side sleeper.

BTW, I am glad I got the Covid booster, as I spent about an hour at my dad's bedside on Friday, and found out later that day that he has Covid. It's been over 48 hours, and no symptoms, so far.

CD
Hows your Papa doing today?

Happy Birthday 🎂 🥳 🎉

Nothing is official yet but our grumpy head chef is probably gone. I liked him as a mentor. He was working like a mad general in the army and my othersupervisors are more like Yoga teachers. It was a pleasure to work under both strategies

Last edited:
Happy belated birthday, MG!

AT&T is running new fiber optics cables through my neighborhood. They are really making a mess. I made it pretty clear where I would allow digging on my property, and my front garden is looking fine -- no damage.

Today, I looked out, and saw a fire truck. I went out to look, and saw several Atmos Energy (gas company) trucks and a couple of City ROW Enforcement Trucks. A fireman walked close to me, and asked him if they hit a gas line. Yup. My next question was, "what does this make, about 300 times?" He laughed and said that they hit gas lines almost everywhere they run new cable.

Everything is well marked, there are marker flags and paint marks everywhere -- I have them all over my yard. It doesn't matter, they hit the gas lines, anyway. Who knows what else they hit. Only gas lines bring out the Fire Trucks.

CD

Make sure you keep an eye on them. About a month ago, a subcontractor company laying new cable lines decided they were going to lay the cable lines wherever it was easy and convenient, whether it was on private or public land, whether they had permission or not, and whether they had permits or not. They made the news because affected homeowners were PI$$ED! They made the news again a couple of days ago because the city and county made them dig the lines back up, fix the damage and lay the lines where they were supposed to in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom