The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning from the Downunderverse

Heading to the city today for the Good Food & Wine Show. Will be slinging cheese all day today & tomorrow.

Yesterday’s meals were noteworthy because they were so weird for me.

A cheeseburger & chips for lunch at my desk.

Followed by snacks & drinks at 5pm for exhibitors at the GF&WS.

A pork katsu burger & chips for dinner with a friend - her birthday, her choice of cuisine, my shout.

I went to bed not feeling fantastic.

This morning I took advantage of the Korean centric suburb I’m in here in Sydney and had a roast sweet potato 🍠 and a veggie & egg kimbap on the train for brekky.

It's about to get ugly in North Texas. 106F is 41C. :heat: It's that time of year again.

1687575638282.png

CD

Well we sold so much cheese on Saturday my cheese boss gave us today off with exhibitor privileges to enjoy the GF&WS.

Daughter and I started tastings at 9:40am and finally gave it away at around 4pm. I think we actually got to see, if not taste, every product on offer. You couldn’t taste all the wines etc you’d end up a mess.

But we gave it a red hot go.

Last year we did 2 x 10 hour days selling cheese. This was better. We had a blast.

I brought home a backpack full and my daughter has the rest of our haul. She’s got the wine & cheese plus more salami as she got a cooler bag plus her suitcase. She gone home to Lithgow by train.

7FB7A90D-8B3F-47EB-B4C5-EAB02E1B06FB.jpeg

Just cold here with a bitterly cold Antarctic wind. So the 8°C it actually made it to today still felt like 0°C/32F in the wind.
We're now 700kg up on firewood in the shed.

Oposite here. At 4PM, the temperature peaked at 102F/39C, with a heat index of 111F/44C. :heat:

CD

Oposite here. At 4PM, the temperature peaked at 102F/39C, with a heat index of 111F/44C. :heat:

CD
Stay cool down there. Staying inside most of the day? We never get that hot, but we have gotten pretty warm..We look forward to summer then the serious heat hits and we are stuck inside again..lol

Stay cool down there. Staying inside most of the day? We never get that hot, but we have gotten pretty warm..We look forward to summer then the serious heat hits and we are stuck inside again..lol

Since this happens every summer, people here know how to deal with it -- as long as they are sober. Bad things happen at the lakes here on weekends in this heat due to too much beer, and not enough water/Gatorade.

CD

CD
I could do with some of that heat please. Today in the sitting room, never made it above 14°C (16°C is 61F) despite the wood burner being fully open and not overly packed with wood. I've spent the day with 2 long sleeved t-shirts and a woolly cardigan on and I'm still cold! There is snow on the peaks to the south of Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom