The General Chat Thread (2024)

? I've been away and just returned so am missing the context of this post i.e. others may know what it's about. I'm curious to know!

No one else knows the context. I am just so frustrated by some of my colleagues, some days I understand why some take to drink :o_o:

No one else knows the context. I am just so frustrated by some of my colleagues, some days I understand why some take to drink :o_o:
Then there is no way of making sense of your post i.e. without context! Oh well...I guess you just wanted to let off steam. 🤷‍♀️

So are you looking for a replacement or a bigger shed? :laugh: :laugh:

Not many people applied, 3 women who would not fit in here at all, 3 guys who want to be sponsored-not something we are happy to do-and this guy. He seems to know his onions. Also being a big fella he is less likely to accept the bulls**t our engineers deal out.

One of our colleagues is retiring at the end of next January, his replacement started today. He is 6ft+ and built like a shed.
Where I work, the earliest we can put in our official retirement paperwork is 90 days out, and the upcoming open position can’t be posted or advertised before then, which means we rarely ever fill a retiring person’s position until well after they’ve left, and at some point, some manager two managers up will say, “Well, you’ve been getting along without them just fine the last few months…let’s just defund that position.”

Where I work, the earliest we can put in our official retirement paperwork is 90 days out, and the upcoming open position can’t be posted or advertised before then, which means we rarely ever fill a retiring person’s position until well after they’ve left, and at some point, some manager two managers up will say, “Well, you’ve been getting along without them just fine the last few months…let’s just defund that position.”

We need a replacement, he can be trained up properly.

Back
Top Bottom