The General Chat Thread (2024)

Get a motion sensor for the stairs, or get a bed alarm, unless he gets up for the bathroom in the night.
Yep. Motion sensor on the stairs would do it. Only problem is I would have to get up and go down. Because i am down here already I can often stay in bed and tell him to go back up. If he doesn't go, I monitor him by listening in my semi sleep state. If he does anything odd I will wake up.

So we are staying at a resort in Tennessee until Sunday, which is when we head south to our eventual destination in Florida (overnight in Alabama on the way). It's a timeshare resort and we agreed to sit through one of their member updates where they try to sell members additional timeshare products. We got a $75 gift card in exchange for listening to the sales spiel and it was worth the hour spent doing so (plus today was cloudy, cool, and scattered showers so we didn't have anything better to do, other than go spend the gift card at the grocery store after).

So the salesperson was a complete whacko. We sat down with her and within the first few minutes, she said something like, "Well I don't know where you stand with politics" and I already knew I wasn't going to like it. She said, "Did you know that the government has lithium batteries on the bottom of the ocean floor that helps them control the weather?" I just told her to stop right there, and she moved on with her sales spiel. I was irritated for the duration.

I know where she got her misinformation and it's just unbelievable to me that people are so stupid to believe whatever lies some congresswoman from Georgia is spreading around. I knew there were some bassackwards people in Tennessee, but geeze! Otherwise having a nice time here...

I know where she got her misinformation and it's just unbelievable to me that people are so stupid to believe whatever lies some congresswoman from Georgia is spreading around. I knew there were some bassackwards people in Tennessee, but geeze! Otherwise having a nice time here...
Unfortunately, it's not just some congresswoman...

So we are staying at a resort in Tennessee until Sunday, which is when we head south to our eventual destination in Florida (overnight in Alabama on the way). It's a timeshare resort and we agreed to sit through one of their member updates where they try to sell members additional timeshare products. We got a $75 gift card in exchange for listening to the sales spiel and it was worth the hour spent doing so (plus today was cloudy, cool, and scattered showers so we didn't have anything better to do, other than go spend the gift card at the grocery store after).

So the salesperson was a complete whacko. We sat down with her and within the first few minutes, she said something like, "Well I don't know where you stand with politics" and I already knew I wasn't going to like it. She said, "Did you know that the government has lithium batteries on the bottom of the ocean floor that helps them control the weather?" I just told her to stop right there, and she moved on with her sales spiel. I was irritated for the duration.

Oh dear. She sounds unwell.
Unless it’s normal to open a conversation with strangers on politics? Here it would be like you say an immediate “whacko” warning.
Even so $75 sounds good, hope that bought some nice goodies?

Back
Top Bottom