The General Chat Thread (2024)

No to the surge protectors for the house, but all our own appliances are on them with extension leads that have them built in, if that makes sense.

And I don't like the ants situation either. But I don't have time to deal with it before my exams, so for the moment I have literally taped the entire socket over and will address it next week. (We've got any killer down under the house and also in the garage, plus I've emptied an entire can of the stuff into that wall space as it is, just from the ceiling. I'll need to take the electrics down and do it at the wall socket next week after my exams.
Good luck with that.
My understanding of ants is there are different types that have to be killed differently or some varieties will simply disperse and set up home somewhere else you don’t want them 😬

Our garden is racked out with them, fortunately they are the variety that likes soil, so far they’ve stayed out of the house 🤞

Is there any mileage in calling a pest control company or are you genned up and ready to go? 🔫

I use an AntGel.

works like:
we had an invasion two weeks back - the little tiny ones. the Gel eliminated them in a single day.
1728943152124.jpeg

Some how, I'm no longer getting emails from our HOA, but DH is.
He sent me a copy of the email he got this afternoon that our community will be having another Craft & Bake Sale next month.
Now we're calling it a Holiday Boutique.
I was just thinking the other day that it's been some time since I've made my Rum Cakes and could sure go for a slice.
The last Bake Sale that I participated in, I sold out in an hour. I had 9 Rum Cakes, 10 Zucchini Bread Loaves, 8 pint-sized jars of Hot Pepper Jelly and 4 jars of Smoked Sea Salt.
I will always have samples available at my table of the Cake for folks to taste test.
Then I was thinking ...
As I was waking up the other morning, an idea popped into my head that I'd like to try a new-to-me craft that I saw on some social media site, and what perfect timing!
I'm going to sell the Rum Cakes, Sea Salt and my adorable new craft item.

Some how, I'm no longer getting emails from our HOA, but DH is.
He sent me a copy of the email he got this afternoon that our community will be having another Craft & Bake Sale next month.
Now we're calling it a Holiday Boutique.
I was just thinking the other day that it's been some time since I've made my Rum Cakes and could sure go for a slice.
The last Bake Sale that I participated in, I sold out in an hour. I had 9 Rum Cakes, 10 Zucchini Bread Loaves, 8 pint-sized jars of Hot Pepper Jelly and 4 jars of Smoked Sea Salt.
I will always have samples available at my table of the Cake for folks to taste test.
Then I was thinking ...
As I was waking up the other morning, an idea popped into my head that I'd like to try a new-to-me craft that I saw on some social media site, and what perfect timing!
I'm going to sell the Rum Cakes, Sea Salt and my adorable new craft item.
Which is?

Am I working or am I looking at rugs for the outdoor kitchen, tough one to call 😁
Funny you should say that but I'm trying to find two sofas to replace the ones that were chucked out when I came out of hospital and I had to sleep downstairs in an adjustable hospital bed and accommodate a hoist to get me in and out of bed. The sofas I got rid of were over 25 years old and had lots of wear. So, I thought, well when I no longer need all the hospital stuff I can have fun choosing two new sofas.

Having looked now for about 2 months or more (on line) I can't find anything that is the right colour, shape or fits. So I now look upon resuming the search as 'work' and I'm avoiding it!

Funny you should say that but I'm trying to find two sofas to replace the ones that were chucked out when I came out of hospital and I had to sleep downstairs in an adjustable hospital bed and accommodate a hoist to get me in and out of bed. The sofas I got rid of were over 25 years old and had lots of wear. So, I thought, well when I no longer need all the hospital stuff I can have fun choosing two new sofas.

Having looked now for about 2 months or more (on line) I can't find anything that is the right colour, shape or fits. So I now look upon resuming the search as 'work' and I'm avoiding it!
Sofa's a tough call!
Mine are still in good nick but on the other side of looking good if you know what I mean and the thought of having to find replacements for them makes me shudder.

So are you sofaless at the moment? 😬

Sofa's a tough call!
Mine are still in good nick but on the other side of looking good if you know what I mean and the thought of having to find replacements for them makes me shudder.

So are you sofaless at the moment? 😬

Completely sans sofas. The ghastly bed is still in the room and I am still sleeping in it. I need a sofa bed really unless I can set up an alarm so that I know when Steve (partner with dementia for those who don't know) comes down stairs in the night. At the moment I am down here to keep an eye on him.

Completely sans sofas. The ghastly bed is still in the room and I am still sleeping in it. I need a sofa bed really unless I can set up an alarm so that I know when Steve (partner with dementia for those who don't know) comes down stairs in the night. At the moment I am down here to keep an eye on him.
Get a motion sensor for the stairs, or get a bed alarm, unless he gets up for the bathroom in the night.

Adding 'sofa bed' into the sofa searching criteria must be making it a lot harder to find something you like?

I like the idea of a motion sensor.

Tapo cams have night detection, motion detection, person identification and alarms. No monthly fee or anything annoying like that.
Set you back about 20 ish quid.
There are cheaper ones available but this one is on top of my fridge and has been dropped more times than I can count and still somehow works.

I'm not entirely sure what the alert/alarm noises are I can't remember.
If you're interested (and the reviews don't say what the alarms are) I'm happy to have a fiddle about with the one here and see how loud the alert is?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0CQHY41NY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom