The General Chat Thread (2024)

We're fine. Didn't even get the weather we were supposed to. Had some pretty blustery wind and just a little rain.

Our DD and DGDs home is fine, other than a little cosmetic and landscape damage, plus debris in the yard. They also ended up with a septic tank in their yard, a new one. Neighborhood is new and construction is ongoing, and construction company didn’t secure anything, so their stuff got blown or floated everywhere. Told them to ransom the septic tank back to the construction company because they are going to tear up the yard getting in there to take it back since the ground is so wet. Given their track record of obviously not caring about causing damage to other people's property, doubt they will fix their yard.

We're fine. Didn't even get the weather we were supposed to. Had some pretty blustery wind and just a little rain.

Our DD and DGDs home is fine, other than a little cosmetic and landscape damage, plus debris in the yard. They also ended up with a septic tank in their yard, a new one. Neighborhood is new and construction is ongoing, and construction company didn’t secure anything, so their stuff got blown or floated everywhere. Told them to ransom the septic tank back to the construction company because they are going to tear up the yard getting in there to take it back since the ground is so wet. Given their track record of obviously not caring about causing damage to other people's property, doubt they will fix their yard.
Glad you're good!

DH's aunt evacuated to her son's house. She has a condo on Tampa Bay on the 4th floor. Last hurricane her ground floor got flooded. She hasn't been home yet because there are a lot of road closures so she isn't sure how things fared, and there are a lot of power outages still and other issues...

Trying to pack and get things ready for the morning, been having problems getting a very ordinary blood pressure medication prescription filled since Monday. For some reason, my pharmacy didn't have enough of it in stock, can you believe it? They had the phone robot calling me with the "your prescription has been delayed" message every day. The drug is called Lisinopril and they have been out of it since Monday. When I called, every day this week they said it would be back in stock within 24 hours and it wasn't. After multiple phone calls to my pharmacy this week and my doctor's office, I was able to get my prescription transferred to another pharmacy but it won't be ready until 9:30 a.m. tomorrow. In this day and age this should have been a seamless process but my pharmacy is always short staffed and I have to be on hold for 20-45 minutes whenever I call them. We are trying to be on the road by 10:00 a.m. so hoping it works out. Enough to make my BP go up with the stress!

Last edited:
Glad you're good!

DH's aunt evacuated to her son's house. She has a condo on Tampa Bay on the 4th floor. Last hurricane her ground floor got flooded. She hasn't been home yet because there are a lot of road closures so she isn't sure how things fared, and there are a lot of power outages still and other issues...

Trying to pack and get things ready for the morning, been having problems getting a very ordinary blood pressure medication prescription filled since Monday. For some reason, my pharmacy didn't have enough of it in stock, can you believe it? They had the phone robot calling me with the "your prescription has been delayed" message every day. The drug is called Lisinopril and they have been out of it since Monday. When I called, every day this week they said it would be back in stock within 24 hours and it wasn't. After multiple phone calls to my pharmacy this week and my doctor's office, I was able to get my prescription transferred to another pharmacy but it won't be ready until 9:30 a.m. tomorrow. In this day and age this should have been a seamless process but my pharmacy is always short staffed and I have to be on hold for 20-45 minutes whenever I call them. We are trying to be on the road by 10:00 a.m. so hoping it works out. Enough to make my BP go up with the stress!
That’s annoying. Hope the prescription is filled soon!
We have similar problems here.
It’s caused by pharmaceutical companies who engage in an awful practice of creating artificial scarcity to keep drug prices higher. They also deliberately don’t manufacture enough of the cheap generic drugs (often heart meds, antibiotics, vaccines etc) because there’s no licence on them so no big bucks in manufacturing them.

If you fancy getting really angry read up on the dark practices of legitimate drug companies. It’s a horror story for sure.
On the other hand you’re on holiday tomoz so maybe not, maybe get the meds and forget about this post 😂

That’s annoying. Hope the prescription is filled soon!
We have similar problems here.
It’s caused by pharmaceutical companies who engage in an awful practice of creating artificial scarcity to keep drug prices higher. They also deliberately don’t manufacture enough of the cheap generic drugs (often heart meds, antibiotics, vaccines etc) because there’s no licence on them so no big bucks in manufacturing them.

If you fancy getting really angry read up on the dark practices of legitimate drug companies. It’s a horror story for sure.
On the other hand you’re on holiday tomoz so maybe not, maybe get the meds and forget about this post 😂
It's 7:41 a.m. here and I am drinking tea, getting ready to leave for an entire month! It will be nice.

I can see how the drug companies do that with costly or specialty drugs but mine are ordinary and cheap as chips, and there isn't a shortage at other local pharmacies. When I spoke to the staff members at my physician's office they were shocked that the pharmacy had run out. To me this indicates some sort of management issue or even a deeper problem within the company that makes me wonder if they are having financial problems (can't afford to keep some drugs in stock and have to wait to get paid from insurance companies to refill their own supplies?) and who knows, they might shutter their doors within a few years. It happened to another well-known pharmacy national pharmacy chain in the past few years. This one is also a national chain that's been around for a long time. For the past year or so there have been little tells that there is a problem, such as the long wait times on hold to speak with the pharmacy, and though they have an online system where they email me a notification that I have prescriptions to be refilled, there have been times where I went to the website and requested refills for several prescriptions that I received notice about, and they aren't all filled on the same day. So I would get a robocall that my prescriptions were ready, drive there, and find out that only 1 out of 4 had been filled and it might take a few days for all of them to be filled. And I am talking about commonly prescribed items like a statin drug, lisinopril BP medication, Flonase, vitamin D, and calcium citrate. I have learned to go online and check before driving up there so I don't end up making multiple trips.

Anyhoo, switching to another pharmacy will ease my anxiety, as will long walks in the mountains, beach walking, and swimming in the clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. I will be checking in from time to time and will post some photos in the "your photos" thread.

It's 7:41 a.m. here and I am drinking tea, getting ready to leave for an entire month! It will be nice.

I can see how the drug companies do that with costly or specialty drugs but mine are ordinary and cheap as chips, and there isn't a shortage at other local pharmacies. When I spoke to the staff members at my physician's office they were shocked that the pharmacy had run out. To me this indicates some sort of management issue or even a deeper problem within the company that makes me wonder if they are having financial problems (can't afford to keep some drugs in stock and have to wait to get paid from insurance companies to refill their own supplies?) and who knows, they might shutter their doors within a few years. It happened to another well-known pharmacy national pharmacy chain in the past few years. This one is also a national chain that's been around for a long time. For the past year or so there have been little tells that there is a problem, such as the long wait times on hold to speak with the pharmacy, and though they have an online system where they email me a notification that I have prescriptions to be refilled, there have been times where I went to the website and requested refills for several prescriptions that I received notice about, and they aren't all filled on the same day. So I would get a robocall that my prescriptions were ready, drive there, and find out that only 1 out of 4 had been filled and it might take a few days for all of them to be filled. And I am talking about commonly prescribed items like a statin drug, lisinopril BP medication, Flonase, vitamin D, and calcium citrate. I have learned to go online and check before driving up there so I don't end up making multiple trips.

Anyhoo, switching to another pharmacy will ease my anxiety, as will long walks in the mountains, beach walking, and swimming in the clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. I will be checking in from time to time and will post some photos in the "your photos" thread.
Pharma does do it it with commonly used drugs all the time but as you say it sounds like the pharmacy is going down the pan! Shame.

Now that sounds like the sort of prescription I can get on board with! 😂

Have a wonderful time!

Back
Top Bottom