The General Chat Thread (2024)

Third time :( no wonder I feel so lousy today.
Damn! What a pain. We've been lucky - I had it once (but have had worse colds) and wife & son, not at all.
BIL and SIL however, are down and out. They're suffering from "post Covid symptoms" which make them tired and listless all day long.

Damn! What a pain. We've been lucky - I had it once (but have had worse colds) and wife & son, not at all.
BIL and SIL however, are down and out. They're suffering from "post Covid symptoms" which make them tired and listless all day long.

Isn't 1 line not covid? Been a while since I did one.

We have both had it twice, both times I had a splitting headache, had a really bad head this morning which prompted me to take a test, headaches are very rare for me.

TVC did, for me it hit my chest and left me breathless, also had shivers and a splitting headache, this morning I had a headache and was feeling cold which is unusual for me which is why I took the test.
Sounds miserable. I know you’ll have to stay of work because you’re unwell but is staying at home still a requirement?

Just had a fox come through the garden.
Hubby chased it away.

Luckily it is still too dark and dismal this morning (we're in low cloud) for the daylight sensor automatic chook doors to have opened, so the girls are all still in the chook house itself. Normally they'd be out by now but behind a poultry electric fence. The fox gives the electric fence a wide berth even when the chooks are visible. They don't get to free range until 10:30am until dusk at 8pm right now. That's when they're most at risk.
I never knew ozzy had foxes. Wow. We here don't.

Russ

I never knew ozzy had foxes. Wow. We here don't.

Russ
Yeah, brought in to control the rabbits. Sadly we saw it again this morning which means we might have to stop free ranging the girls for a week or two until it is shot. There's been a massive rabbit population explosion because of the weather conditions suiting grass and crops growing. They're out night and day at the moment and well, they're breeding like only rabbits do.

Last edited:
I read that as negative. It's there a second line we can't see?

If there is only 1 line, (you might want to check the directions on your test,) but as I understood things, that's a negative test result not a positive. C isn't for covid, it's for control and it should always be there for a valid test result.

20240202_073346.jpg

Back
Top Bottom